Showcase Replacement Confirmed

mëtålspëd;8437856 said:
Look at the span between SX's "The Odyssey" and "Paradise"... pretty similar. Im hoping their live set is heavier than the discs.

Similar how? I don't see any similarities between SX and Enchant. What parts are similar? Enchant is pure Prog and SX is metal with some Prog elements.

I'm actually not a fan, so the delay is completely forgivable. The few times I've checked out this band, they just didn't do it for me. That said, I'll give them another pass and check out the live set, regardless.

Rick and Bear both both seem to be very high on Wounded, which I've never listened to. I'll start there and then check out the debut.

Zod

Hey Dude,

I hear you and while we normally have similar taste in music, it appears that Enchant is one of those differing areas. Knowing your taste for the heavier side I was also going to suggest Blink, but it appears you have already done so. Wounded could possibly be one of their lightest (but it has a few heavier ones too), but it is still great. I hope you like it! Out of the first too, I find Blueprint slightly heavier in material, but the production is lighter. It is not the text book example of you would come to expect as an example of text book production, but it still has a certain magic about it and I actually like it a lot.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your discovery time. But even if the disks still don't grab you, check out their live performance - it will be AWESOME!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Wow, I never thought I'd ever see them live. I go back to the Blueprint days, too, when they (and just a few other bands, back then) were the toast of the Ytsejam Mailing List. :kickass:

Sure, remind some of us how old we are. :lol:

While I was never the fan some people are, it's good to see so much of the PPUSA/PM community finally getting their wish...

I have seen them live 3 times - bored the hell out of me each and every time - what a letdown as a replacement for Vanden Plas. At least I still have Primal Fear that evening!!

To my very very good friend Primal who saw each of those three shows with me--you are so wrong and there is no hope for you!! Each of those shows killed and Enchant was awesome. In fairness, Enchant has been one of my favorite bands for many years and Primal has never liked them--and he hates Rush. Need I say more?

I'm not a big fan of Enchant, but I am at least glad that I get to see them for the first time as compared to some other band like Symphony X, Evergrey, or Iced Earth who i've seen several times before. I like Enchant enough to be able to just sit back and soak it in prior to Primal Fear ripping it up.

Britt

I remember back in '02, hanging at that Cafe that Pellaz knows the employees I recall, grabbing some Post-Festival dinner around 1am-ish and speaking to some girl there who mentioned she had Bluerpint and HATED it. Even talking to any woman who knew Enchant was rather unusual to me, but then mentioning her loathing for them and that album, it kind of hit home how they aren't for everyone.

Granted, I recall this particular woman coming to PP mostly to see Blind Guardian. I also recall she mentioned how she thought Pain of Salvation was a little too *lite* for her tastes.

OK... so Enchant... not for me. While they're clearly exceptionally good at what they do, what they do just doesn't appeal to me. That said, I'm still curious to check out their live set.

At this point, the set I'm looking to most at the showcase is Futures End.

Zod

To my very very good friend Primal who saw each of those three shows with me--you are so wrong and there is no hope for you!! Each of those shows killed and Enchant was awesome. In fairness, Enchant has been one of my favorite bands for many years and Primal has never liked them--and he hates Rush. Need I say more?

You're right my friend, each of those three shows killed - they killed me to be there watching them. In all fairness, Enchant are great at what they do, just not my cup of tea. I'm sure a majority of you will enjoy seeing them live.

Shane - Thanks for all you have done for this Showcase. When I think back to just a very few years ago with Magistral playing in the Vinyl showroom and now bands like C II C and Primal Fear playing the main venue, your shows have evolved to another full-fledged day of PP!! I stand in total admiration and respect of your tenacity in this endeavor. I am truly proud to call you my friend.

Now, I have to check this band out!! The dude DOES have a strong set of pipes!!

See you all in a few weeks!!

Chris :headbang:

I'm very psyched about being able to see Enchant again! They put on a hell of a show those two times that I've seen them out in Cali! For those of you that have listened to their albums but haven't seen them live yet and have found that they don't quite fit in with your heavier tastes but you respect their talent, your opinion could likely change after seeing them live. Be sure to check them out. Besides don't most metal fans enjoy at least some kind(s) of rock as well?