Shroud of Bereavement, Todesbonden, Gwynbleidd - Worcester, MA - 9.26.09

WarriorOfMetal

Shroud of Bereavement
Nov 22, 2005
Boston, MA // Northern VA
RESCHEDULED for Saturday, October 10!

I thought people in this forum would be interested to know about this show if they're in the area....

Shroud of Bereavement, Todesbonden, Gwynbleidd, and Dreaded Silence
Ralph's Chadwick Square Rock Diner - 148 Grove St. Worcester, MA
Saturday, Oct. 10, 2009.

More details and a flyer to come, just waiting to get a couple things finalized before I put that out there...but this should be a sick show and we're hoping to see a good turnout. 21+, btw.

It's a pretty nice venue. Sound guy there is generally pretty good, and it's a more intimate venue than the Palladium Downstairs. Not too tiny, though, but 100 people would be pretty well packed in, there. I've only been there for "Metal Thursday" shows, which have a few regulars who you usually see and are pretty cool. The guy who puts those shows on is helping me set this one up.

Oh yeah, the actual diner section downstairs has pretty decent burgers, too (with a weird bartender who likes to - jokingly, i think - insult his customers), and I've heard the chili is pretty good, too. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I think that's all they have, though...burgers, chili, and drinks :lol:

I'm guessing this is a one-off show and not some sort of tour? Hmm? It would be a great touring package if it had some sort of larger name headliner like Amorphis, or Paradise Lost, or some awesome band like that.

I'm guessing this is a one-off show and not some sort of tour? Hmm? It would be a great touring package if it had some sort of larger name headliner like Amorphis, or Paradise Lost, or some awesome band like that.

Unfortunately, yes, it's just a one-off. I would LOVE for this to be a tour package (believe me, the thought had occured to me), but I'm not sure if any of us are in a position to make that happen so soon :(

l_54d087c092fa44b7880ed0cba1241e5a.jpg

Are these all doomdeath bands?

There are MySpace links to all the bands in the first post, so you can check those out...I'll try to describe them, though.

Shroud of Bereavement is heavily classically-based progressive death/doom with lots of piano, synth (in the studio we use real strings), and two female singers + male death metal vocals

Todesbonden is a female-fronted band that combines world/folk music with doom and progressive metal. I've heard them compared to Dead Can Dance and others.

Gwynbleidd is vaguely Opeth-esque death/doom with some Celtic elements mixed in.

Dreaded Silence is probably the closest to straight-up prog metal (can one even say that?), but they have some doom elements as well. I have a harder time describing them since I'm not quite as familiar with them and they don't remind me of anyone in particular.

Good lineup.
Just saw Gwynbleidd acoustic this year.
Would like to see them electric.

Bring that package to Chicago and have Novembers Doom on the bill. I think it would do quite well.

Good lineup.
Just saw Gwynbleidd acoustic this year.
Would like to see them electric.

I haven't seen them at all, but word is they're fucking sick live.

Bring that package to Chicago and have Novembers Doom on the bill. I think it would do quite well.

I think so, too...could be something to discuss in the future. In the meantime, we've invited Paul to come out and see the show in MA...have my doubts that he'll make the journey all the way from Chicago, though :lol:

Todesbonden is a female-fronted band that combines world/folk music with doom and progressive metal. I've heard them compared to Dead Can Dance and others.

Woah, Dead Can Dance? I'll have to give them a listen, definitely.

Todesbonden applied to perform at Dragon*Con in September; I'm wondering now what the booking guy thought of 'em.

I didn't pick it up yet, but I saw they have it. I have no worries about someone else snagging it first; I just need to get over there with some cash supply.

EDIT I just read that Dreaded Silence is playing in JP on Monday, if I didn't already have plans I would definitely check that out. I like what I hear on their myspace too.