Shuttle from Peachtree Inn?

usaprogmusic

ProgPowerGRRL
I know this year everyone is spread out all over the place at hotels, but last year there was a van shuttle from the Best Western Inn at the Peachtrees (330 W Peachtree St NW) to the venue. Is this still available this year?? Cause that was AWESOME. And a cab ride was like $10+.

My apologies if there is already a thread confirming yes/no for this but I couldn't find it.

I replied to an email with the same questions:

I would call to confirm. The reason I can't answer you is because Debbie
(who was the sales manager that I worked with for years) left recently.
When she originally asked me to post the info, she confirmed the shuttle
with me. However, that was on the phone and I cannot give you any
documenation to back it up. Use her name when you tell them that and
that they did it the last few years specifically for this event.

Sheri Poole stated on Facebook today (9/8/09):

Inn at The Peachtrees Downtown Atlanta wants to give a very warm welcome to The Prog Power Nation by having a complimentary shuttle bus all three nights of the event!! If you would like to call my cell phone for your booking: (404) 550 6808 I would ...be glad to help in booking reservations ! Sheri at Inn At The Peachtrees.

~ Jen

I just got info from Coldie that the hotel confirmed the free shuttle was going to be available for us... Mega props to the hotel - it was a life saver last year...

Gerard the driver ruled!!!! (and we won't have to deal with gas shortage this year - woo hoo!!!)

I called Rajeev this morning and after a long talk and some research on his part...we got the shuttle. My phone call today was the first he and the new ownership of the hotel had heard about it.

FYI..they plan to make the Inn at Peachtrees a boutique hotel by next ProgPower.

Interesting...I was supposed to stay in this hotel, but switched to the Artmore at the last minute.

Remember that Gerard (or the new driver) works for gratuities.
So tip the guy!
Sending a couple bucks his way is way cheaper than paying a cab.
I only mention it because I noticed being the only one doing so.
Or maybe others did and I did not notice, but did notice that quite a few did not.
Don't take the service for granted, he works a Long shift for us.

The IatP was a decent enough hotel the past few years but this year really let me down. We were on the 4th floor in a room that stank of stale smoke, with older furnishings. The smoke detector was flat-out missing, the shower tiles were falling off the walls, and we had to eject an unwanted houseguest in the form of a 1.5" long cockroach. Looking around the place ther was evidence of flaking paint and rust in the stairwells and other floors.

Haven't made up my mind on PPPUSA XI yet but if I do go I definitely won't be staying there again.

Shame, as the shuttle service is convenient and the staff was very friendly.

- R

Like the Artmore did, Inn at the Peachtrees is doing a major renovation to a 'boutique' hotel beginning January 2009...

We specifically asked for the same room as we got last year and it wasn't nearly as jacked up as yours was, however, it shows it's age. I have a feeling tho that if the prices go up with the renovation, the pretty close and affordable hotel options may disappear..

Let me start saving for next year now!!