Sick guitar tone >.<

this guy is on their gallery
l_1b83b381bc16826d9863a1bf8182fa88.jpg

Edward Norton?

That rules me out ever wanting an Invader if this is the typical tone you get from one.

The Invader can produce a RIDICULOUS amount of different tones. The only reason I say it sounds Invader-like, is that in my experience, they sound VERY precise and somewhat like a (much) better version of a modeled amp... But please don't let me put you off of an Invader, if the price tag hasn't already :p

While it is still slightly speculative, the rehearsal vid on their myspace shows one of the guitarplayers playing over a Pod XT Live so that might be it.

Musically, this just sounds like a not quite as good Fell Silent/Tesseract. It has an almost identical trebly/delay "clean" tone - sounds like the same pod patch, and also a very, very similar rhythm crunch guitar tone.
It's kinda cool and brutal, but VERY digital sounding. Which I guess works at low tunings.

I notice they've got Monuments in their top friends (Browne from Fell Silent's other band, and a friend of mine). Again, it's the same style of production.

Oh man, now that I'm listening (and not just criticizing earrings :heh: ), this really does sound like every Invader clip I've heard - check out this one by our own Temps on here, I definitely hear a very similar character, so I'd bet it is an Invader (or some Engl)