Similar bands...

uh, yeah, i know

lotsa people say kalmah is similair to cob, but i don't see it. kalmah are much more unique

there's another thread here bout The Wake, so i tried em out and they seem a bit boring. theres too much stuff that sounds the same nowadays

the only way those bands are similare to kalmah is that they are all metal. but other than that they really aren't that similare. i guess i can see the norther and cob similarities, a bit. they have some similare aspects but so does most metal.

First of all, i'm sure everybody knows those and they are not even that similar. I'd sugges to check out bands like Omnium Gatherum, Throne of Chaos and Suidakra.

there are lots of bands that have a kalmah kind of sound:

mors principium est
eternal tears of sorrow
omnium gatherum
children of bodom
skyfire
norther

OMG, where you find Kamah similarities with CoB? The only song I found that is like CoB is Suodeth. All other songs have nothing to do with CoB...

the only simularities i see with etos and kalmah are pasi's playin and maybye anttis but he played alittle different when he did the one etos album

AT Xeon, the kalmah guys were in kalmah before EToS

I used to think Cob was like Kalmah but now I just dont see it... they're totally different. And Suidakra is different too ;) (tho they're both melodic... Suidakra has heavy folk/celtic influences which Kalmah doesnt have)

a couple people mentioned omnium gatherum; they're not exactly close to kalmah musically but they rule! another great finnish band is moonsorrow--kivenkantaja is a fuckin' great album :kickass:

Dimmu Borgir is somewhat similair to Kalmah, the main difference is that Kalmah is waaaayyyy better.

But there are a few good Dimmu songs.

Iced Dog said:
Ensiferum...maybe not that similar, but they're both Finnish melodic death...and both kick mucho ass!

although ensiferum does kick ass they have many differences from Kalmah. Technically they are classified as Folk Heroic Melodic Black Metal. A very unique band indeed and does kick ass, most KalmaH fans would agree but they do differ in style quite a bit.