Similar bands

Animal

Nov 18, 2003
Dark side of the moon
Visit site
For anyone interested the following are a list of bands in a similar vein to Winds, ie dark prog.
1) Green Carnation, -check out Light of day, day of darkness 1hr long epic, or the simple blessing in disguise
2) Nightingale -feat Dan Swanno on vox, no growls, clean singing.
3) Anathema- more the later stuff like Alternative 4
4) paradise Lost, a little heavier but still melencholic
Anyone after website PM me and i give you the adress.

Go out and give them a listen, tell me what you think

Green Carnation is similar, just no string, heavier in parts though.
Meltingsnowman, listen to believe in nothing, and see if you can hear similarities.
Btw, the bands mentioned dont sound exactly like winds, but they are in the same vein, melencholic, yet beautiful

Hehe, yes, yes, I know what Green Carnation sounds like, not like Winds. :p But I understand what you are saying. Now, if anyone could tell me if the plan is to still release a Light of Day, Day of Darkness pt. 2, then I'll be happy.

Winds is way too unique to sound like any other band. They are their own genre.

Arcturus could be considered a similar band to Winds. Though mainly, in their sophisticated and artistic songwriting, do they share any similarities.

Guitarmaster said:
Arcturus could be considered a similar band to Winds. Though mainly, in their sophisticated and artistic songwriting, do they share any similarities.

Don't forget the fact that August played with Arcturus :D

What about age of silence? I believe that they share similar sounds, and even some same musicians. I freaking love anything that Lazzare does. Age of Silence is brilliant. There is a certain piano solo on the flow at 9:30 am that is amazingly beautiful. It is probably a solo by Mr. Winter, his piano rolls are awesome, especially on of entity and mind.

Haggard actually now that I think about it. They're very much like Winds...they should tour together.

Haggard is fucking awesome. Winds is fucking awesome, both make use of a string section. Haggard even uses some wind instruments and a female voice. AND growled death vox.