Similar bands

belthagarus said:
What about age of silence? I believe that they share similar sounds, and even some same musicians. I freaking love anything that Lazzare does. Age of Silence is brilliant. There is a certain piano solo on the flow at 9:30 am that is amazingly beautiful. It is probably a solo by Mr. Winter, his piano rolls are awesome, especially on of entity and mind.
thats the first band i thought of when I read the thread title

dead6skin6mask6 said:
Winds sounds like Korn
I'm going to report this for "Most Stupid Sentence of the Year 2005" if you don't mind. ;)

Bands that sound similar to Winds? I'll stick to Virgin Black, haven't ran into any other band that uses this much strings, perhaps Apocalyptica, but they don't have the same ambience. ^^ When you think of ambience as the keyword, I'd recommend bands like Dark Suns. The ambience of the first Winds album I mean.

Hieronimus said:
I'm going to report this for "Most Stupid Sentence of the Year 2005" if you don't mind. ;)

Bands that sound similar to Winds? I'll stick to Virgin Black, haven't ran into any other band that uses this much strings, perhaps Apocalyptica, but they don't have the same ambience. ^^ When you think of ambience as the keyword, I'd recommend bands like Dark Suns. The ambience of the first Winds album I mean.

Virgin Black are great. :headbang: Can't wait for the new one from them...

I was going to say Green Carnation as well. Frantic Bleep perhaps?

I've been getting into this type of undescribable prog rockish stuff lately. It blows my mind that these very good proggy bands all have members that were or ARE closely affiliated with black metal. I'll never understand it.

It's opened me up to a very odd new musical genre though. Mellow, but kick-ass nonetheless.