Similar intros

Gronke

Salt Sill
Oct 18, 2002
Sverige
I posted about this to the Anathema-forum;

Have you thought about that the Katatonia-song "Sulfur"'s intro sounds a lot like "Scarborough Fair"?! :eek:

They sound awfully alike I must say...

What do you guys think?

/ H

Mariner: Don't say that - if your name is "STING", "BONO" or "MADONNA" you will be able to both get away with stealing other's work and put your own name on it while receiving the music press's and audiences revere!

But of course it's the Simon ünt Garfunkeln ;) song!

"He went too far that fuckerrrr" (the funniest pronunciation I've heard of that word)

dont mess with 'Bono' Henrik! BTW they dont ripp off their songs from other artists (as far as I know) gimme the prove :eek: (for madonna, and sting i do not know)

dont mess with 'Bono' Henrik! BTW they dont ripp off their songs from other artists (as far as I know) gimme the prove

listen to the first line in the chorus (the "touch me" part) of.... errr.... whats it called.... some new song...beautiful day!

and then listen to classic "the sun always shine on tv" by a-ha...

oh wait.... isn´t that exactly the same song??

;)

Mariner: Hobo narrowed it down pretty well (Thanks!). About "proof", I've HEARD that Madonna (for example) uses songwriters and then label the production as her own. For proof that will hold up in court I must refer you to your local legal department! :cry:

Btw, you just have to look at Boner or Sting to see that something is fishy?! Sting even looks generic, and when he said he could "make love with his wife for days in row" (or how many hourse it now was haha) and then had to "take it back" in public... mmm I don't knooooooooow!!!!??? ;)

Insidethefall: Who wrote it then? For me it's always been synonymous with Semen ünt Kartoffeln.

Ja wohl mein kommendant!

Originally posted by soulmuh
Have you thought about that the Katatonia-song "Sulfur"'s intro sounds a lot like "Scarborough Fair"?! :eek:

They sound awfully alike I must say..
they are similar, yeah, but not "awfully alike", to me.

interesting link, colddarknord.

To each their own then I guess...
For me they are very a like when it comes to rythm and melody. :eek:

Btw, check out the band "Delaware" - soooo nice!!!
I'm hearing this song over and over again (Crevice), it's just AWESOME!!!! :D