bands like novembre?

If you want a band that sounds like Novembre, you have to have a band with italian influence, because you really do hear the streets of italy in the songs.

Nostalgiaplatz said:
It's quite strange to see such an awesome atmospheric black metal act coming from a tropical/tourism-driven part of U.S.

I think agalloch is among the few that share a few Novembre similarities.

Ummmmm, are you saying Oregon is tropical and tourism driven? lol

Oregon is in no way tropical and I dont know anyone who would ever even want to go to Oregon.

Agalloch excellent band! Thanks to all the friends here that recommended this awesome band, I've been listening The Mantle, and it's beautiful, there are some parts that reminds me Novembre (would they be influenced by them?) and there is a dialogue in spanish at the Hawthorne song... that ahh.. it's really misterious...:Smug:

Now that I've listened more carefully Agalloch, I don't think they might be influenced by Novembre, they sound similar in some way. What I can say now is that they are unique!!! :Smug:
I'm in love with their musique!!

not bergstatt. bergtatt, et eventyr i 5 capittler :)

yes it's great... but i really had to get used to all the blastbeats and stuff.

i can't stand the mantle... it's so depressing. pale folklore however is really great and resembles novembre more than the mantle does.

Saturday night I was checking through a couple of piled up CDs and I found a cd that was lended to me which had a couple of mp3s in it, among which there was 2 albums of a band called Godgory, "Sea of Dreams". The name is pretty much corny, but their sound is pretty good! full of atmospheres and there's quite a few parts (acoustic, vocal verses whispered/clean sing) which reminded me a lot of early Novembre. Even a couple of guitar melodies remind me of Catacomb days.

The closest I've heard to Novembre is Klimt 1918, and I want to get some of the stuff by Another Day, I bet that would be somewhat similar too.

Perhaps Disillusion, or Dark Suns' first album?

Welcome Wayfarer!

Neither Disillusion nor Dark Suns come close to Novembre. Dark Suns' first album was notably influenced by Opeth. Klimt 1918 is slightly different, more 80s indie/synthpopish but yeah, it comes closer to it than anything else I've heard! You should listen to the other Novembre albums you haven't listened so far. If you find Another Day stuff online, let me know, I want it too :)

Well there is no point looking for bands that are going to sound just like Novembre, because its the fact there is noone like them that makes them so amazing.

But I agree, I hear certain things in disillusion and dark suns that i love that are for the same reason i love novembre. The atmospheric parts etc..

I think dark suns new album is more inclined that way than their first though. Maybe the first darks suns has similarities to classica in classical influences....but not majorly.

Thanks! :D

Yeah, I can't really think of something similar. Klimt 1918 sounds much more softer, I mentioned them mainly because the members of Novembre have been involved in their recording process, even doing some vocals. And I almost feel like there's a certain Novembre influence in some of their guitar chords and drums (especially when they use double-bass pedal). I've listened to all Novembre albums (except for the Catacomb stuff), so I know that they used to have much more growling. :p
I'll let you know as soon as I get some Another Day music.