bands like novembre?

Nostalgiaplatz

So why not moving?
Dec 20, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

I just thought I would write this post, cuz novembre's my fave band. Do you know of any band (besides klimt 1918/opeth/katatonia/anathema) that is similar to novembre in sound?

Thanks!

P.S does anyone know any news regarding novembre's upcomming album? I'm anxiously waiting for it to come out, haven't seen or heard anything about them recently...was just wondering :)

I highly recommend Primordial, although they're rooted in black metal. they have both BM screams and really awesome clean vocals. great melodies, very atmospheric, complex songs...it's a mixture of very emotional and brutal stuff... "Storm Before Calm" is a good album to start with

Sorry for late post. I've not been too much on the Internet lately.

Thanks, I will check Primordial tomorrow in a music shop. As for My Dying Bride, I know them well and I don't think they're any similar to Novembre, this is my own opinion.

Rapture I've never heard of, I will try to hear their release(s) when I get to a music shop as well.

I just thought I'd tell you that I've found 2 other italian bands and 1 swedish band in more or less the same genre. "The sun of weakness" (IT) "Disarmonia Mundi" (IT) and "Another Life" (SE)

and keep posting, let not the only Novembre board where Italian isn't spoken all the time die. ;)

Thanks guys

morningstar said:
Hi,

I just thought I would write this post, cuz novembre's my fave band. Do you know of any band (besides klimt 1918/opeth/katatonia/anathema) that is similar to novembre in sound?

Thanks!

P.S does anyone know any news regarding novembre's upcomming album? I'm anxiously waiting for it to come out, haven't seen or heard anything about them recently...was just wondering :)

have you tried agalloch? though these two bands are a bit more in the black metal genre, they remind me of novembre...borknagar (sweeping guitars, great mixture of screams and votex's beautiful singing) and opera IX (very epic black metal with a female singer who screams and croons with the best of em)

now, like i said they are more black metal and in way i suppose so is agalloch, but i think they are more of what you are lookng for in a way.

an album you can try is dark tranquility's 'projector'. it is very nice, though a bit fomulamatic.

hope this helps.

oooooohhhh, yeah try some middle era paradise lost as well. albums like 'gothic', 'shades of god', 'draconian times' and 'one second'.

I've heard agalloch and I don't find them that similar, but thanks anyway. I've found another band through **Jester** recommendation, that's similar to opeth and Novembre and a bit similar to Novembre (not too much tho) they're Dark Suns - http://www.darksuns.de

From Italy you can also try listening to Greyswan (R.I.P. ?) and Room with a View - these last ones are on the same label as Klimt 1918 - and we should've already talked about them somewhere else in this Forum.
We're also talking about similar bands to Novembre on the official forum - why don't you join us sometimes, so that we can talk in English even there :D ? - and I also mentioned En Declin, though I know just a couple of songs.
Do you know Beyond Dawn? Maybe we had already made their name; check them out.

Fuck, I love Novembre...

One time in Milano at Transylvania Live, I saw this really cool doom/space metal band, but I can't remember their fucking name...they were really good...Italian too.

If you like doom metal, check out the new Morgion cd, "Cloaked By Ages, Crowned in Earth". Their from my country, the US, which is odd for doom metal, but it's probably the best doom album to come out in quite a long time.

Have heard one song from Mar de Grises, "Recklessness"... beautiful!
Never heard Morgion instead.
Does anyone here know EYES OF FIRE? Should be composed of some old guyz from Mindrot: have also listened to one only song - Hopeless should be entitled - and this should be a brilliant act, but maybe not exactly like Novembre.

@ thrashmetal78
When did you see the band in Milan? If you tell me the date, maybe I can tell you its name.

I think it was around November of last year...they opened for a Swedish band that I've never heard of before, nothing huge or anything. Stoner rock type stuff.

ENTOMBED PLAYS THIS WEEKEND IN VICENZA!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

Oh, I thought you meant a band that supported Novembre, sorry.
I couldn't came to attend the gig of Entombed in Bassano, unfortunately, bcs of some family problems. I hope it's been great! I'm confident it was great!
I've just read something about the date in Rome, saying that they played a lot of songs from "Wolverine Blues" and also from "Clandestine", but only one from probably my fave record "To ride, shoot straight and speak the truth".
Well, by the way, Entombed is a great live band... last year Novembre supported them and was one hell of a gig!!!

Just updating this. It seems that the best bands and the ones which represent this musical genre the best are all from italy and more specifically from the rome scene.

The Sun of Weakness has a new Demo called "At The Edge of Shine" and a website too http://www.thesunofweakness.com/

You can download their demos there.

Room With a View
http://www.clubepoque.cjb.net/

They've got a great album called "first year departure", it's more katatonia influenced than novembre, but it's real good. I talked to Francesco (Vocals/Guitar) through email and he told me they just mixed their new album in sweden and he says it's far better than first year departure. I still haven't heard anything from it, but I'm anxious as well :).

I've never anything by The Sun of Weakness, but I'll try soon to download something from their website.
Well, I know very well Room with a View and know about the forthcoming album "Collecting Shells" in April this year (when also the new work of Klimt 1918 will be released!). I'm sooo excited to hear both records!
Meanwhile, I got a copy of "Thought-tormented minds" and is one of my fave records since October of the last year; it's a real pity that this great bands doesn't exist anymore. The website is still on line at http://www.greyswan.com, and some songs should be downloadable from there.

Hi wildhoney,

I already got the whole album from greyswan and I didn't know they've got over. Real pitty that happened. They were quite good. It generally happens to the best bands to disappear sooner. Let us hope together that wont happen anytime soon to Novembre, Klimt 1918, Room With a View and so on.

Has any heard the song Convalescence by Darkest Hour? I thought the song reminded a lot of Novembre - too bad Darkest Hours other songs are pretty different to this one.

Nostalgiaplatz said:
Just updating this. It seems that the best bands and the ones which represent this musical genre the best are all from italy and more specifically from the rome scene.

The Sun of Weakness has a new Demo called "At The Edge of Shine" and a website too http://www.thesunofweakness.com/

You can download their demos there.

Room With a View
http://www.clubepoque.cjb.net/

They've got a great album called "first year departure", it's more katatonia influenced than novembre, but it's real good. I talked to Francesco (Vocals/Guitar) through email and he told me they just mixed their new album in sweden and he says it's far better than first year departure. I still haven't heard anything from it, but I'm anxious as well :).

the sun of weakness...sounds interesting I went to their website too I will download their demos tonight when I get home.

It's good to be a member of this forum because you can hear new bands and share your thoghts with people :)

By the way,Does anyone know where to buy novembre t-shirts and long sleeves official or unofficial but well printed?