Simulated amps/effects

Line Level Recordings

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2009
hey guys
im about to record this band
and i heard what they wanted to sound like ( iwrestledabearonce,all shall perish )

and so i thought.
i bet those bands producers use amp sims/podfarm ect.:loco:

so, what do you guys recommend for amp simulation.
i tried out the peavey revalver MKIII, it was pretty nice! :)

but i want to see what else is out there.

anybody want to share some of their favorite products?
(just a link of the product or a brief description would be great!)

Revalver and Pod Farm are two of the best that i have tried. and i have tried eleven and it is ok

for podfarm, would it be better to have the hardware pod and do it from there or DI'ing and using the podfarm plug in ?

i usually just mic the amps, but i wanna try directing. :loco:

You could try using the Amp with Impulses, record the di at the same time so you can always reamp or just use an ampsim on it.

I helped All Shall Perish demo their last two albums using just Amplitube and EZDrummer but that's strictly just for theirs and Nuclear Blasts ears. Chris used his Rocktron Prophesy 2 on the latest album and I think Ben used the VHT but I do recall an ENGL being setup there at the time...not sure if it was used. As for attaining the sound...try blending 8505 with the new LE456.

I helped All Shall Perish demo their last two albums using just Amplitube and EZDrummer but that's strictly just for theirs and Nuclear Blasts ears. Chris used his Rocktron Prophesy 2 on the latest album and I think Ben used the VHT but I do recall an ENGL being setup there at the time...not sure if it was used. As for attaining the sound...try blending 8505 with the new LE456.

Do you work at Castle Ultimate?

Going from the head direct into the DAW and then through an impulse works pretty well

A friend of mine is running through a line6/bogner tube amp into an impulse