Singers that are just dreadful!

Wyvern said:
Udo
John Arch
Paul Baloff
Zetro Souza
Chris Boltendahl
Mille Petrozza (except on "Endorama")

NO. Chris Boltendahl and Udo's voices are fucking METAL, not to mention that Chris sounds like a grizzly bear with balls of STEEL. :D

Baloff was just a great Thrash vocalist who really loved what he did, and Zetro is as well. If you had put Sean Killian there instead, I would have understood. :p

Mille sounded like the singer from NIN on Endorama. :ill:

Now, I gotta completely disagree about John Arch. He might just be my favourite vocalist ever, his presence on "Awaken The Guardian" and "The Spectre Within" made the albums all the more perfect. Complex, soaring vocal melodies with every ounce of power and emotion that man had in him, he is a Metal god.

Wyvern said:
Udo Love that guy's singing
King Diamond The man himself!
Warrel Dane Fronts my favorite band! Awesome vocalist
Matt Barlow Among great ones in metal
Ray Alder
John Arch :worship::worship::worship: Vocal GOD of the highest order. His vocal melodies are the best! I never heard them stronger nor more melodic.
Paul Baloff :worship::worship: Thrash MONSTER vocals!!
Zetro Souza Who? :err:
Chris Boltendahl
Mille Petrozza (except on "Endorama")
Claudio O'Connor
David Lee Roth The original Van Halen vocalist and the best!
All growlers
All screechers
Just to show that taste is indeed very personal :D
Nice list Wyv! Almost all my favorite vocalists.
The only ones missing are Jorn Lande and Rob Halford :lol:

Who said that all metal sounded the same? :headbang:
Rock on buddy! :wave:

Hawk said:
The only ones missing are Jorn Lande and Rob Halford :lol:
Because unlilke the rest of my list, and whatever everybody may think of my :loco: Jorn Lande and Rob Halford just KICK FUCKING BUTT! So there's no way I put them in an "ugly" list.

@ JP: I'm not arguing that those singers are or aren't metal. My point is that to these cute pointed ears, they sing HORRIBLE! :D

And in a very picky time of my life, besides the fact that I like a band to sound good, I need the vocals to be appealing from start. If the voice drove me off, is a dead end.

The singer for Vio-Lence, not sure wat his name is, but his voice sucks ass and just doesnt sound right with the music.

Pyrus said:
Snake from Voivod sings like Van fucking Morrison or someone equally pathetic. And you call this thrash metal? Fuck that.

you know I thought the same thing when I bought the self-titled 2003 release...but then I bought War and Pain (1984) and then came across The Outer limits (93) and realized the multiple dimensions of the bands sound...Anyways, I did a complete 180 degree turn, and now I love his voice. Keep in mind he has a french-canadian accent...Also, if you were listening to anything after 87's Killing Technology, then of course, you won't find it thrashy...but do yourself a favor and give War and Pain a listen, you'll see it's thrashy as hell, though produced horribly, and not so technical...it's fast, aggresive speed metal, it IS thrashy...

in reference to previous posters (not Pyrus):

I hated Sean Killian's voice when I first heard it, but I don't mind it now too much...you have to get used to it.

Paul Baloff had a fuckin rad voice!! It's a total goddamn shame he only recorded one album...

Singers I don't care for:

All of Anthrax's singer's..Belladonna, Bush, whoever else..

Zetro Souza...sorry stevie, your cool and all, but your voice just ruins it for me...especially after listening to pre-testament demo with your voice...thank god Chuck Billy came in and gave the boys from Testament a new hope.

Wyvern said:
Because unlilke the rest of my list, and whatever everybody may think of my :loco: Jorn Lande and Rob Halford just KICK FUCKING BUTT! So there's no way I put them in an "ugly" list.
I know bud, I was just pulling your leg :lol: