Metal bands that are popular that you dislike?

I'll still maintain that Children of Bodom is closer to thrash than you care to admit.... (go back and listen to Metallica's Master of Puppets (especially The Thing that Should Not Be) and CoB - Hatecrew Deathroll (Fuck even the album name is thrashy) especially Sixpounder.

~metal_maiden~ said:
Most power metal bands... Stratovarius... I'm just getting sick of all those bands... they sound the same. :puke:

Try Manticora, Virgin Steele, Lost Horizon and a million others if you're sick of generic euro-power. :headbang:

Stratovarious
Rhapsody
and I could never get into Judas Priest...I know tons of people worship them and that they are classic metal, but just a matter of personal taste I guess

Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, I hate being associated with that shit band.

It's like, you like metal, YOU LIKE METALLICA forced on me by know nothings who don't know what real metal is. Then I say, no, not metallica, metal, real metal.

I too remember when I thought metallica was metal, back in 89 and I said, this is metal? then metal sucks, until I saw the light.

Oh and Opeth sucks too.

A bunch of you mentioned some of these already but:

Children Of Bodom - Everything about them is just annoying.
Metallica - I dont even care for their earlier work.
Opeth - Simply just boring.

The saYer said:
Metallica, Metallica, Metallica, I hate being associated with that shit band.

It's like, you like metal, YOU LIKE METALLICA forced on me by know nothings who don't know what real metal is. Then I say, no, not metallica, metal, real metal.

I too remember when I thought metallica was metal, back in 89 and I said, this is metal? then metal sucks, until I saw the light.

Oh and Opeth sucks too.

Dude, you fucking rule. Join the Inquisition.

Connie Fixx said:
inflames, soilwork, anything thats trying to be more heavy but just ending up sounding like noise and any band that samples
I never liked Inflames, but Soilwork is quite another matter. I regard their first two albums as classics. For me the shit began when they started to mix clean vocals with death grunts. I love the death vox of Bjorn Strid! have you heard Terror 2000? Kick as metal if you ask me. :headbang: [font=ARIAL,HELVETICA]
[/font]

CoF (Danni,Time to take that stick out of your ass,It might improve your vocals) :puke:
Cannibal Corpse (...that guy just can't fuckin' sing) :zombie:
Kiss- Kiss "My" Ass.

PS. Who the fuck would waste their precious MetalTime on Opeth...? :confused:

The list is endless...

I like one Opeth song...but is an Iron Maiden cover :lol:

I'm not a huge fan, but I like Opeth! Each album is different than the last ... could be why I like them :)

Since Metallica is down, I'll go ahead and kick them in the ribs.

I saw Kiss and liked them in concert but I can't listen to them at home. I get bored too quick.

Also many of the power metal bands. A lot of them DO sound very much alike so it's tough to find the ones that are doing that little something extra to set themselves apart.

That said, I can't get into Blind Guardian. Never been a fan of his vocals but I do love the song "Welcome To Dying".

Six Feet Under. Chris should have stayed with Cannibal Corpse and never tried to improve his vocals with pot. SFU is just boring.

Rage Against The Machine. Always hated them. Since I'm there, I'll add Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and that whole mess.

Bands like In Flames, Soilwork, and Opeth never bothered me and I do listen to them occasionally. I do like Cradle Of Filth and have for many years.