Slayer - War At The Warfield DVD

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Just wanted to inform all of you who do not yet own this DVD that this week Best Buy has it on sale for $11.99 (normally $17.99). I caught this looking through the Sunday paper ads. I called my local Best Buy and they were out of it so I ordered it from the web site. Free shipping and on sale at 11.99, you can't beat it. If you don't have it yet like me this is a great opportunity to grab it.

sixxswine said:
You must admit the "fans" section is pretty sad. Is this what all "hardcore" Slayer fans are like?!
I must not be a Slayer fan since I don't look like a moron and don't think that bashing in people's faces on purpose is cool or think that a Slayer show is a "religious" experience. Although, I do own the entire (actually about 95%) discography. Plus, I'm not that "hardcore" to begin with. :D

i hate the people that were on that fan section, it was a sloppily thrown together piece of shit that only took perspectives on the band from fucking crackbabies that only live to whack off to tom araya

AgentsofBrutality said:
Cool DVD,but the Fans Rule section is fuckin lame.They could have added some videos instead of that crap.
Amen. It would've been cool to see some older videos or some rare live clips from the early days etc.

But the concert is fine although Tom's voice doesn't sound too good.

I was pretty disapointed with the way the guitars sound and all the new songs on it. I have not watched it straight through but I will give it another play. It does have some classic slayer tunes though no doubt. I would get Live Intrusion instead though.

I really enjoy the DVD. THey kick ass live...very tight and powerful, but I have to also admit I'm not too into Tom Araya's voice live, but this is maybe because I was never the biggest fan of his voice in general. Also, the fan section has to be a joke. I think Slayer just wanted to video tape the most foolish and rediculious Slayer fans they could find and have it on a DVD so they can always look at it to get a good laugh because those people are soooo not Metal, Hahahaha. Not only that, but they take everything very literally and well....well, they look odd!

well, toms been doing this since early 80s when they got published on metal blades metal massacre 3, and however long before that they formed, but you gotta expect his voice to go a little, and the fact that its only gone to the extent it has, im impressed, only person who i can think of, off the top of my head, that still pumps the vox like oldschool is fuckin rob halford, he is wicked.