Slayer. yay or nay?

slayer, yay or nay

• Yay!

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Nay!

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
we owe what we have now to what came before. does that mean we have to like it? no, but we have to recognize the 'historical' significance.
-neal

CoB isn't really thrashy. Thrash is just from the time of more traditional metal. They draw more influence from Racer X, King Diamond, Iron Maiden, and so forth. They just mix in black/death music for some crazy songs.

Slayer was good back in the day. Reign in Blood is an excellent album, what makes it even better is that it was made in 1986. Their newer stuff is okay, not really special. I've met Kerry King before, he's a drunken asshole :lol:

Originally posted by neal
we owe what we have now to what came before. does that mean we have to like it? no, but we have to recognize the 'historical' significance.
-neal

word.....

and congrats on the big 4k neily :headbang: you have officially no life like me!

Originally posted by markgugs
I didn't call CoB thrash, or trash for that matter. Go back and read what I wrote again. :rolleyes:

who said i said u called cob trash?
:rolleyes:

conf11.gif

Don't fight neal. He'll rough you up, call you a jive ass turkey, and then shizzle your nizzle. The shizzling is just wrong.

yep. ive seen your picture FV, and you look like a stuck up white boy jive turkey fakin the funk. you aint been brought up the hard way on the streets like me. youd get beat down unmerciful. just step back sukka.
-neal

Originally posted by neal
yep. ive seen your picture FV, and you look like a stuck up white boy jive turkey fakin the funk. you aint been brought up the hard way on the streets like me. youd get beat down unmerciful. just step back sukka.
-neal

word word word.....i feel ya homie. I may not be a stuck up jive turkey....but maybe I am fakin the funk. I get the feelin your fakin the funk yourself. Admit it NEIL!

:D

Huh? Why does everyone think markgugs said CoB is thrash? This is what he said. "That's odd, since it can easily be said that CoB doesn't even EXIST without thrash. "
Hes not calling CoB thrash, hes saying that they were influneced by thrash and probably wouldn't be around if it wasnt for thrash. I dont see why everyone is so confused.