Sleepy, early, and listening to Forest Stream

Caelum666

Dec 14, 2006
Brisbane Australia
I sit here at 6am in the early hours of an Eastern Australian morning, in a tiny office all by my lonesome, with the odd visit from the cute cleaner from Poland, but still, quite a drab morning.

That all changes after putting on Forest Stream. I feel at peace while listening to this music. Such a serene office I now have :lol:

This music almost brings tears to my eyes! :cry: But in a happy way! :)

I used to think Black Swans was my favourite track, but Last Season Purity is really hitting the spot. I've recently put up posters of a waterfall and a bunya pine forest in my workarea. It fits the mood.

Why not insert these photos? I feel like I'm there!

228146098_7d59a8a6f2.jpg

800px-hopetoun_falls.jpg

PS - Let this thread be a place to express your love for this music

Doing it again... man it's early.

A while ago I put together a bunch of photos I took in Australia of a place called Springbrook. Lovely place with streams, lush forest, waterfalls, gorges, and views that overlook farms and other mountains. The whole area used to be one MASSIVE volcano many many years ago.

If you're keen, go to this link and click the image you see when you get there, it will expand - might take some time!

http://christafa.deviantart.com/art/Springbrook-Wallpaper-88152422

I stayed up there last year, at the mouses house lodge, booked in for late nov this year again. Beautiful place.

How strange it is to meet someone who knows the beauty of springbrook on a russian doom metal bands forum! lol.

Ah man! You are on the right way... to me it's so strange to realize that somebody does listen to our melodies in Australia, who doesn't speak a word in russian and so on and so forth...But that's what I call real life tho. When powerkeepers yell at each other and show messiles, bombs and tanks being ready to sacrify millions just to prove their cocks are longer... and then soldiers meet on a battle field, kill each other for their leaders ideas... ordinary people. Like it's going now. A new confrontation between so-called West and Russia. What for? What is behind that? I'll tell you. Nothing. Self-created problems growing from the weakness of someone's mind. And it's pain... English authorities are crying out loud "Let's isolate Russia, let them be the way we want! let them go according to so-called western standards!" Yeah, and then everyone starts yelling stupid words "Human rights, democraZy etc... And I virtually pat Russell's back and call him "my fine sir". In case we meet I'd immediately offer him a beer and tell a couple of stupid jokes just to let him know I respect him and I feel something which can be called likeness. He's a good guy. And he is english. Same goes with you guys. In case the US will start bombing Russia, Australia will support them just because these two countries are allies. And at the same time we talk in this forum... You like our tunes, we like you just because you are great guys... and behind is this stupid confrontation. What does it all mean? What does make it all so unfair? I really wonder if there is any connection between people and powers of their countries... Same goes for Russia.
Russian are ass holes, agressive, arrogant, poor and evil. Sit on their natural resources and yelling "Do that, do this otherwise you won't get any gas/oil."
And maybe russians are 90% fuckups indeed, but I know so many people... and they aren't! It's just so weird... I mean who rules the world, for god's sake?! Us or arses? Borders are closed... Yup, I am not allowed to come to see Lee in England, yet my wife is allowed coz she's Estonian. Estonia is loyal to the West and hates Russia, that's why she's allowed, but she lives in Russia, yet she has Estonian citizenship... I lived in Europe for 6 years... plenty of friends, massive positive experience and... I need visas to visit 80% of the world...
Maybe I was born in a wrong century... I just do not understand WHERE DOES THIS COME FROM? This is all morbid, untrue, unnatural... And it makes me want to build an independent state on some desert island and to LIVE there while all those fuckups devour each other... Damn... I hope you know what I mean guys...
Sorry for the offtopic...

For those of us who love music, there are no borders. Afaic, we are all brothers and sisters in metal, period. The fact that I'm American and you guys are Russian is irrelevant. Both governments can suck it! :heh:

To the OP: listening to Last Season Purity or Snowfall while sitting next to either of those waterfalls would be an amazing experience! Cheers!

Yup Beast. That's why I wonder who really rules the world if our opinions fit, yet their ones are just opposite?

Yep I totally understand and feel strongly about what you're saying. Those in charge of our countries are perhaps not the right people for the job, it's a terrible tragedy that I try every single day not to think about because it creates a negative energy, keep those positive thoughts rolling!! :)

I sometimes think that if you imagine countries as persons, they use the rules that real people have overcome long time ago. They're rude and brute, like in early medieval. Maybe that's because some 'etiquette' is set in international affairs not so long ago and people who are in charge are 'impersonised' and can not hold themelves by the society rules.

Just a thought.

I sometimes think that if you imagine countries as persons, they use the rules that real people have overcome long time ago. They're rude and brute, like in early medieval. Maybe that's because some 'etiquette' is set in international affairs not so long ago and people who are in charge are 'impersonised' and can not hold themelves by the society rules.

Just a thought.

I think you are absolutely correct. Combine this with a sense of ego and entitlement that some (many) governments possess (one in particular, I'm sorry to say), and you have a volatile combination of one-upmanship and injustice.

si[de]mon;7683788 said:
I stayed up there last year, at the mouses house lodge, booked in for late nov this year again. Beautiful place.

How strange it is to meet someone who knows the beauty of springbrook on a russian doom metal bands forum! lol.

Cool dude. A great place indeed. I've swam a few of the waterholes there. Just perfect. Swim around, lay nearby in the sun, drink up the water you just swam in. It's safe to drink if the water is running.

I still haven't done the long circuit - Warrie Circuit? 17km one.
The glow-worms in the natural arch is quite a sight, particularly if you can get there when tourists don't decide to fill it up. For those curious, it's a large cave that goes about 25 metres in, and if you're in there at night it looks like the stars, but the stars are only 3 or 4 feet above you.

A bit disappointed that one of the tracks (Eastern side) down to Purling Brook Falls is STILL closed. There have been a few rockfalls and landslides just nearby so it's a safety concern. I see people hop the fence all the time. Why wouldn't you? The track really is alright to walk.. butttt I wouldn't suggest doing it when it's raining or if it's rained recently.

So where abouts in QLD are you? I'm assuming you would have at least once been to Brisbane to either Rosies or the Step Inn to see some live local and/or international bands. Are you in any bands? In fact I wouldn't be surprised if I already know (of) you.

Sonm, there's no doubt the Australian government will kiss and lick the toes of the US government if the US were to intervene in the issues in Russia. No doubt at all. I just hope I don't get conscripted! HAHA! My girlfriend is from Russia, and her father was in the army for 3 years, as most men have to. I'd be totally screwed!!!

But people, let's not get so hasty about the bullshit in the world and continue with the love of our surroundings, because the bullshit never ends anyway. Don't care if I sound like a hippy.

I think this is the Box Log Fall's in O'Reilly's, not too far from Springbrook - in the same mountain range. It looks all so very rocky in there, but where the water meets the stream there's plenty of room to sit around in Summer.

O__Reillys___Waterfall_1_by_cdbatty.jpg

Lovely pictures... I'd rather think of the desktop themes instead of the real places... increadible. I'll try my best to visit your lands some day.
Besides, do you guys wanna see what kind of landskape caused the appearence of "ToMS"?

Sonm said:
I'd rather think of the desktop themes instead of the real places... increadible

Really? You prefer the digitalised 2D form rather than seeing the REAL thing??? You do not like getting out in the wild?

Sonm, please do show us what has inspired ToMS :)

LOL, nope:) I just mean that I can't believe what I see. It's hard to imagine that places like that are real! When I look at those pics I think more of some desktop themes than of real places. This looks like heaven man! And I'm dying to get there. Hope to mae it some day!

...Same goes with you guys. In case the US will start bombing Russia, Australia will support them just because these two countries are allies. And at the same time we talk in this forum... You like our tunes, we like you just because you are great guys... and behind is this stupid confrontation. What does it all mean? What does make it all so unfair? I really wonder if there is any connection between people and powers of their countries... Same goes for Russia.
Russian are ass holes, agressive, arrogant, poor and evil. Sit on their natural resources and yelling "Do that, do this otherwise you won't get any gas/oil."
And maybe russians are 90% fuckups indeed, but I know so many people... and they aren't! It's just so weird... I mean who rules the world, for god's sake?! Us or arses? Borders are closed...
Maybe I was born in a wrong century... I just do not understand WHERE DOES THIS COME FROM? This is all morbid, untrue, unnatural... And it makes me want to build an independent state on some desert island and to LIVE there while all those fuckups devour each other... Damn... I hope you know what I mean guys...
Sorry for the offtopic...

Absolutely, we all can complain only on forums and do nothing for the life to become better in reality, the way we want it to be. We suck, politicians rule, and the majority of population just don't care. There's no uniting positive mentality of entire nation, but there's negative - external enemy and war, which strongly unites people, such a famous political "trick" used within millenniums. But do not feel hurt, it is like that all over the world, except may be of several countries of western Europe (eastern has been fucked up by Russians last century), and few other countries as (..?). (If I had to choose, I would still rather prefer US than Russia or China). Hopefully, the political monopolarity will vanish after present global economical crisis, who knows... And in the largest country like Russia the situation is pathological.
There's no wrong century.
First there were Czars, then communists took over, then Elcin, and now KGB rules the country.
Who let it be so? Us..! Pussycats!
And it will stay as it is unless majority(!) of the people unite and act in a non-destructive, creative way. How long does it take? Another thousand years?

LOL, nope:) I just mean that I can't believe what I see. It's hard to imagine that places like that are real! When I look at those pics I think more of some desktop themes than of real places. This looks like heaven man! And I'm dying to get there. Hope to mae it some day!

The heaven on Earth exists till the humans get there and build the road to it :). So, better be fast, hell is coming :)

Absolutely, we all can complain only on forums and do nothing for the life to become better in reality, the way we want it to be. We suck, politicians rule, and the majority of population just don't care. There's no uniting positive mentality of entire nation, but there's negative - external enemy and war, which strongly unites people, such a famous political "trick" used within millenniums. But do not feel hurt, it is like that all over the world, except may be of several countries of western Europe (eastern has been fucked up by Russians last century), and few other countries as (..?). (If I had to choose, I would still rather prefer US than Russia or China). Hopefully, the political monopolarity will vanish after present global economical crisis, who knows... And in the largest country like Russia the situation is pathological.
There's no wrong century.
First there were Czars, then communists took over, then Elcin, and now KGB rules the country.
Who let it be so? Us..! Pussycats!
And it will stay as it is unless majority(!) of the people unite and act in a non-destructive, creative way. How long does it take? Another thousand years?

I strongly disagree. I find it better to live in Russia than in Europe. Because of many reasons but first of all because I think so.
OFF. When Omin read your "KGB rules the country" he was speechless for maybe another half an hour. Me as well... Are you taking drugs and antidepressants?

You can yell of course as much as you want...
ex-KGB, FSB, Medvedev, Putin,.. whatever you call it, the system remains... you know and see it very often in Russia in different forms.
Or you are saying that in Russia government solves population problems and, for example, recently Russian army attacked back with full force Georgia just because the Russian president wanted it?
Correct me, please, if I am wrong, and suggest your own scenario.

and by saying "...(If I had to choose, I would still rather prefer US than Russia or China)." I meant that if I had to choose which country is dominating in the world, and not living here or there. There are not so many peaceful places left to live in the world, and there are always good and bad things in each country.