Slipknot Blamed for Guy's Murdering Rampage

I actually mean that, if a single artist had the integrity to stand by their lyrics instead of bullshitting or making lame excuses that erase the long years they've spent crafting an image as some scary motherfuckers, I would buy their album without hearing a single song. That is a pledge I am making right now, and I will keep it, although unfortunately I doubt that will ever be tested.

This will increase their sales, don't be a dumbass. The edgier their image, the higher the sales, because pissed off kids are their market and the darker they seem, the more people will buy.
Next time you wanna act like a smartass - don't forget to change your diaper.
When shit happens - it doesn't always bring band a cooler image, maybe for ones like you though.

People who have mental disorders don't need a special one reason/motivation to do shit. And like it's been said - if it wasn't about Slipknot - it would be about something else.
And this "Obviously, I’m disturbed by the fact that people were hurt and someone died" was a pretty much obvious reaction of him. Some jerk killed people and now this dude has to take a somewhat responsibility for that and have this shit as a stain on his band's name, so he's more pissed than sad. I'm sure many of you would be pissed as well.

Yeah that's pretty much the best post in the thread, although I don't think it will hurt their album sales. Fuck, I don't think it's going to help them either, that shit happened in South Africa. This shit didn't make headline news in the US & it's not for these reasons that judge record sales. People who buy their records buy them because they like the songs, or they buy it just because they're Slipknot.

At the end of the day if a person who was listening to commercial music murdered 500 people, no one would blame his music.

people who dont understand metal, fear metal

i say.... fuck them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time you wanna act like a smartass - don't forget to change your diaper.
When shit happens - it doesn't always bring band a cooler image, maybe for ones like you though.
:lol:
When a band sells albums based on a dark and dangerous image (and Slipknot do), when something like this happens it increases that dark and dangerous image and gets them a fuckton of free publicity. If you think this won't help their sales, you gotta be fucking kidding me.

People who don't understand metal, call Slipknot metal.
I say fuck them. Exclamation.
Win.

I wonder if that sniper at the University of Texas back in '66 listened to Elvis or something, and if they blamed his hips.