SLipKnoT Rulz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, i think it ruins it for the real fans (by real i mean people that like the music) to be associated with the ''stupid'' shall i say fans who just like the 666 image etc. i know i wouldnt want to be associated with those sort of people as they dont know what they are talking about when it comes to music on a whole, im no expert either but i avoid talkin about things i dont know about. i hate it when people say they think i like slipknot, i just dont like that image they sum up in their heads of children doing it to annoy their parents etc. i suppose as long as your happy it doesnt matter.

Ok, I will say a few things about all this. First off, people that say Ozzy is the god of metal has not heard of Venom. To be honst with you all, the only nu-metal bands I listen to are Slipknot and Mudvayne(Only cause the "dig" song). SOAD is ok, but just not my style. Linkin Park, Disturbed, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit and Korn are definately NOT my style. I cant stand most of the crap on the radio and all this "radio-friendly" crap! I like "Left Behind" but I would rather listen to "People=Shit" or "Heretic Anthem" on the radio instead. There was this girl that really liked me, but she listened to rock and rap. She started to wear Slipknot, Korn, Ozzy shirts tlking about just how much she loves metal. She would say "Syn, Ozzy is the god of metal!" and "Korn is so damn heavy!" People like that are not into metal, they just want to be diferent from the crowd. You cant convert instantly unless you hear Opeth or something. I let her listen to "Demon of the Fall" by Opeth and she said that it was just noise. I said, "No, this is metal......Stupid..." She was so embarassed that she never talked to me anymore nor talk about being a metal "fan". I really hate Durst. I think that he is the weak link of Limp Bizkit. They lost Wes a few days ago, so I guess that it will be sooner or later before the others leave. My motto is "if you feature a rapper in one of your songs, you are selling out!" Rap and Metal dont go together, unless the rapping is limited to a small percentage of the album. If Slipknot ever pulls out a song featuring some sorry ass rapper like DMX, Jay-z or cash money....... I will instantly get the fuck away from them. Rap = Shit! And believe it! And I dont listen to what others listen to, or else I would be running around with my pants hanging down and using improper english such as " I'd be" or "Watcha gonna do, Al-ight?" Stupid, just simply stupid..... BTW, If anyone doesnt like Slipknot, fine...just dont try to take it away from anyone else cause it could be worst.... this could be a bullshit rap forum... HAIL DISSECTION!!!!!!!

ok, i don't mean to scare you Syn_Sith_999, but Slipknot are only a short time away from rap members featuring in their songs, im surprised it hasn't happened allready. and why would you get away from them if they did? you dont even know what they will sound like, you shouldnt say you wont like a band just because they get Homey Mc Homez or whatever to sing on the album, chances are they will still sound the same and they would have to as they are racking in money as it is, and if you are racking in the cash, the record company cant afford to let you go unappealing to the quote unquote fans. so actually i suppose you have no worries, i doubt slipknot will be too progresive, so we will see what the future holds for them.

Hey man don't listen to the people who bad mouth the Knot. Iowa is probably one of the heaviest albums I've heard in a long time. This is deffinately Slip Knot in their prime. People=Shit refers to those who would dis the Knot.

Originally posted by sidewinder
Hey man don't listen to the people who bad mouth the Knot. Iowa is probably one of the heaviest albums I've heard in a long time. This is deffinately Slip Knot in their prime. People=Shit refers to those who would dis the Knot.

ok, why do they have a song refering to people that ''dis'' them? now, as i pointed out earlier, the only people that sing about that sort of thing are rap artists really, opeth, katatonia, Radiohead, etc dont sing about yo yo peeps dat diss us are fools...etc. thats RAP songs that do that, which add to its childish nature of name calling etc. so Syn_Sith_999, i hate to make your fears worse, but sorry :eek: . (im not saying it is a rap song, just that slipknot may be going along the rap artist road.) and as for the album being heavy :confused: , that left behind song for one is really not heavy at all. and the lyrics are so childish its stupid, but then they are aimed at 12 year olds, so what the hey. Magots rule or whatever:p

Originally posted by sidewinder

Ok if IOWA is the heaviest album youve heard then you obviously dont listen to alot of metal. And people=shit is not about how people dont like them. just goes to show you i know more about them then you and i hate the band. People=shit is about how they are fed up the way people treat each other.

Originally posted by SentencedToBurn

Ok if IOWA is the heaviest album youve heard then you obviously dont listen to alot of metal. And people=shit is not about how people dont like them. just goes to show you i know more about them then you and i hate the band. People=shit is about how they are fed up the way people treat each other.

:err: , someone must feel really gutted at this moment.

My girlfriend liked Slipknot and considered them extreme. She said it once and twice and finally I was bored with this shit and decided to show her photos of Gorgoroth, Satyricon, Sopor Aeternus, Deicide and other REALLY extremal ppl. She couldn't understand satanism and misanthropy of them, cause their extreme is inner, the extreme of Slipkno is a show. Now she thinks I am fuckin' mad(and I don't argue about it:loco: ) and our relations are coming to an end.:cry:

Originally posted by Anthony
My girlfriend liked Slipknot and considered them extreme. She said it once and twice and finally I was bored with this shit and decided to show her photos of Gorgoroth, Satyricon, Sopor Aeternus, Deicide and other REALLY extremal ppl. She couldn't understand satanism and misanthropy of them, cause their extreme is inner, the extreme of Slipkno is a show. Now she thinks I am fuckin' mad(and I don't argue about it:loco: ) and our relations are coming to an end.:cry:

ow, maybe your better without her.

Originally posted by Anthony

That sucks :cry: but it does mean u can spend more time on here ;) Educate her, and make her listen to anathema

i think we can safely say in conclusion that image doesn't matter when a band still makes shit music and are lyrically dislexic. if you think 'slipknot Rulz!' you may have a lot to learn about quality music.

I personally think that that is a very narrow-minded and unfair statement. I'll give you the chance to justify yourself though - define what 'shit music' is. Go on - you give me a single definition of shit music that everyone on this board will agree with and will readily apply to Slipknot (and, in fact, any other band you term 'shit') without argument.

If you can do that, then fine. But I don't think you can. Because, you see, despite the fact that you don't like Slipknot and you consider their music shit, not everyone agrees with you. A lot of people like Slipknot, me included. I wouldn't say that I have a lot to learn about quality music (hell, I doubt I'd be writing reviews for this site if I did), and I find your comments arrogant and offensive.

'Shit music' to me would be music that absolutely no-one, anywhere in the world, gets any enjoyment whatsoever from. To my mind, if someone enjoys a piece of music, then it isn't shit. I'm open-minded enough to say that even if I don't like a band, they're not 'shit' - they're just not to my taste. Saying a band is shit arbitrarily because you don't like them and insulting all of their fans for liking them is immature and arrogant - who are you to say that your musical tastes are 'right' and all Slipknot fan's tastes are inherently 'wrong' because you don't agree with them?

Do this message board (and the world) a favour, Transparent - get over yourself. You are not the Dalai Lama of the music world - what you say is not set in stone, and your opinions are not gospel. If you can't discuss your opinions maturely without condemnation, then keep them to yourself.

You know, you're actually the first person on this board to have annoyed me by posting something like this. I suppose you can count that as an achievement, really.

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
I personally think that that is a very narrow-minded and unfair statement. I'll give you the chance to justify yourself though - define what 'shit music' is. Go on - you give me a single definition of shit music that everyone on this board will agree with and will readily apply to Slipknot (and, in fact, any other band you term 'shit') without argument.

If you can do that, then fine. But I don't think you can. Because, you see, despite the fact that you don't like Slipknot and you consider their music shit, not everyone agrees with you. A lot of people like Slipknot, me included. I wouldn't say that I have a lot to learn about quality music (hell, I doubt I'd be writing reviews for this site if I did), and I find your comments arrogant and offensive.

'Shit music' to me would be music that absolutely no-one, anywhere in the world, gets any enjoyment whatsoever from. To my mind, if someone enjoys a piece of music, then it isn't shit. I'm open-minded enough to say that even if I don't like a band, they're not 'shit' - they're just not to my taste. Saying a band is shit arbitrarily because you don't like them and insulting all of their fans for liking them is immature and arrogant - who are you to say that your musical tastes are 'right' and all Slipknot fan's tastes are inherently 'wrong' because you don't agree with them?

Do this message board (and the world) a favour, Transparent - get over yourself. You are not the Dalai Lama of the music world - what you say is not set in stone, and your opinions are not gospel. If you can't discuss your opinions maturely without condemnation, then keep them to yourself.

You know, you're actually the first person on this board to have annoyed me by posting something like this. I suppose you can count that as an achievement, really.

ok, to ask for a single deffinition for shit is a bit narrow minded of you, but here goes, i think weve established that the lyrics are poor/childish, now bands like the gathering and lacuna coil, have shit lyrics too, now, the music is very catchy, and not great at all. now those are but 2 reasons for the music being shit. no talent really, like that popstars programme but at least they can sing.

i cant see why you want to call me the Dali Lama, ive based things on fact and pointed out my opinions. i just find it hard to believe that someone can like a band like slipknot and then turn around and say how other bands in the pop world are crap, just because they dont wear masks and beat each other up.

now as ive said for the 3rd time now, it doesnt matter if you like something as long as your happy, now i like some shit music, but theres a difference between shit and liking, i like the gathering and lacuna coil, and even some Travis, but i admit its shit music, so dont confuse liking and good. ok its still oppinionated but its still obviously poor music.

like your shitty slipknot all you like, but give me a good reason for it please. a reason that makes sense.

and where have i been imature about this? well?

i need to go, i'll finish the rest later today.

posted by bleedingskeptic:

"as for slayer, they are the slipknot of the 80's. they tried to appear all satanic and dark, but did you know that they are very religious?! i have nothing against death metal, but slayer's songs all sound the same and they are just trying to look dark, just like slipknot. if you want real death metal go buy some atheist or death."

1st off those are good bands (dream theader, opeth, amorphis, death)

2nd YOU THINK SLAYER IS SLIPKNOT IN THE 80'S!!?!?!?!?! um no comment :p

3rd And Slayer nor slipknot is death metal bud, slayer is punk/trash/metal and slipknot is nu-metal/death metal(gutars)

4th I cant beleive u compaired slayer to slipknot!!!!!

AngelofDeath

posted by _Transparent_:

" i just find it hard to believe that someone can like a band like slipknot and then turn around and say how other bands in the pop world are crap, just because they dont wear masks and beat each other up."

ahahahahahhhahh ... <sigh> :headbang:

"like your shitty slipknot all you like, but give me a good reason for it please. a reason that makes sense."

ahahahahah

Dude i can tell you why ppl like slipknot .... the fear factor is one of the reasons. The fact that they are load and scary like what mansion did to the public (i would never compaire a great band like mansion to knot lol). Then the pop factor ... listen to left behind .... "i feel like im slipen away" and the riffs are catchy ... thats a big reason. Pop music is catchy .... backstreet fucken boys are catchy thats pop.

People = shit
shit = pop
pop = slipknot

:)

Angelofdeath

I will say that people's idea of "quality" certainly differ from each other. Some love Slipknot, some hate them. Me? I don't "hate" them, they're just not my thing. But what do I know? ;)

Originally posted by Drexle

Soylent Slipknot is people!!!

ITS PEOPLE!!!.,.,.,.,. ITS MADE OF PEOPLE <sob> <sob>.,.,.,hehe.,.,ahh good times.,.,.,.yeah dude.,.,.i mean.,.,if you dont like slipknot then just dont pay any attention to wut their doing.,.,.i try not to bash to many bands.,.,b/cuz i wouldnt want to be made fun of for wut music i do.,.,unless i was in a boy band.,.,.then i would give you all permission to break my face.,.,.,:devil: ,.,.,.,.MALMSTEEN RULES!!!:headbang:

Originally posted by _Transparent_

ok, to ask for a single deffinition for shit is a bit narrow minded of you, but here goes, i think weve established that the lyrics are poor/childish, now bands like the gathering and lacuna coil, have shit lyrics too, now, the music is very catchy, and not great at all. now those are but 2 reasons for the music being shit. no talent really, like that popstars programme but at least they can sing.

i cant see why you want to call me the Dali Lama, ive based things on fact and pointed out my opinions. i just find it hard to believe that someone can like a band like slipknot and then turn around and say how other bands in the pop world are crap, just because they dont wear masks and beat each other up.

now as ive said for the 3rd time now, it doesnt matter if you like something as long as your happy, now i like some shit music, but theres a difference between shit and liking, i like the gathering and lacuna coil, and even some Travis, but i admit its shit music, so dont confuse liking and good. ok its still oppinionated but its still obviously poor music.

like your shitty slipknot all you like, but give me a good reason for it please. a reason that makes sense.

and where have i been imature about this? well?

i need to go, i'll finish the rest later today.

The definition you gave of shit is completely based on opinion - yours. That's not a definition, that's a re-wording of your opinion. Firstly the lyrics are not immature when you compare them to the Popstars things you seem to love so much - for instance, let's compare some popular pop song lyrics to some Slipknot lyrics;

Afroman - 'I was gonna clean my room - but then I got high. I was gonna go find a broom - but then I got high. My room's still messed up, and I know why - because I got high - because I got high - because I got high...'

Slipknot - 'Even if you run, I will find you. I decided I want you, now I know, I need. If you can't be bought, tougher than I thought keep in mind - I'm with you. Never left to fate, can't concentrate, even if you run...'

The first song - pretty much defines immature. This is an man in his late twenties singing about cleaning his room, for God's sake. The lyrics are poorly structured, repetetive and dull. Slipknot's, on the other hand, are arhythmically written to prevent repetition, they're a fictional story about a man obsessed with a woman who he is holding captive in his home. That sounds fairly mature compared to a song about smoking dope.

As for catchy music being poor and talentless - you don't think it takes talent to write songs that stay in the memory? Are truly talented bands those who write songs that instantly drop out of the consciousness straight after they've been heard?

You haven't based anything you've said on fact - conversely, everything you've said so far is based on your opinion, including the statement I originally took offense to, along the lines of 'if you think Slipknot Rules you have a lot to learn about quality music'. That means you're taking it upon yourself to dictate to everyone what 'quality music' is, does it?

Oh, hang on, we've been there already. Quality music has to have mature lyrics (which I'm guessing means all songs must be thematically based on the works of Shakespeare) and be instantly forgettable. Fine. Personally, I'll make up my own mind what quality music is and keep listening to what I enjoy, if it's all the same to you.

And as for giving a sensible reason why I like Slipknot - first of all, why should I have to justify my tastes and opinions to you? I like Slipknot because I do. I enjoy their music. I don't find it unpleasant to listen to. There is no deeper reason or rhyme behind what I listen to (or, indeed, anything I do) than that. I enjoy it, so I do it. I don't enjoy things, so I don't so those things. One of things I don't enjoy is being told that my musical tastes require re-alignment because they don't fit in with the blinkered view of an opinionated elitist who can't deal with people liking bands that he doesn't.

I'm not asking you to like Slipknot. We both know that's never going to happen. They're not to your taste, and that's fine. All that I ask is that you don't belittle people who actually do like Slipknot just because you don't.

Is that really too much to ask?

hey dill.,.,.,.i understand your points about slipknot and its a matter of opinion if you think their music is "shit" or not.,.,.,but ur crossing over to hip hop when you bring in Afro man.,.,.two different categories of music.,.,i also dont understand why singing about weed is immature.,.,.,i dont really understand how music and its lyrics are immature,.,.,.but there is something that i like about music in its simplicity.,.,.,whether its just a acoustic guitar and a few melodies hummed along to it.,.,.or repetitive down picking of a severly de- tuned six string guitar.,.,i feel that its kind of immature of some one to make fun of a band for their lyrics or wut not.,.,.but in slipknot's case.,.,.i think that (at least Mick) they are assholes and will get wuts coming to them.,.,.if they cant take it then tough..,.,.they mainly got where they are because they made fun of Fred Durst (hehe) and Limp Bizkit.,.,.you can argue that their music alone would have gotten where they are.,..,.maybe it would of.,.,.but it would have taken a while for people to hear their music.,.,.because when they were starting up they were strongly against MTV (or so i was told) and would never be on it.,.,.,.,oh yeah.,.,were those lyrics by Slipknot from the song prosthetics.....i liked the vox effects he had on it that.,.,:)

Status
Not open for further replies.