Slipknot sux

metalized

Sep 10, 2001
not there
i think this is the only conclusion that will normally come out of the "Slipknot rules" thread (providing this site is only viewed by metal fans! sorry but slipknot sux!

No need to apologize. You know I have come to a startling conclusion: Slipknot really does suck!

hm yes the music is not that bad, but I hate hyped bands, just look at the fans... little evil-posing kiddies *irgh* even on (german) MTV "Left Behind" was voted by the viewers (mainstream pop kids rofl) to be played as next video. :D

they've become a kiddie band like linkin park and stuff muaha erm... actually it's a pitty, the first album was pretty good...

I can see this evolving into a gargantuan post again, but I have to say something here...
I don't particularly if a band is hyped or popular with 'da kids' as long as I personally enjoy their music, but there's another thing to be considered here - if little mainstream pop kids are voting Left Behind as the next video to be played, then good on 'em! It means that the channel will actually be playing some decent heavy music for a change rather than Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera.
You see, some of those little kids may get into Slipknot, and then gradually get more and more involved in the metal scene until they become dedicated underground metalheads - meaning more fans and revenue for decent bands!

Originally posted by dill_the_devil
I can see this evolving into a gargantuan post again, but I have to say something here...
I don't particularly care if a band is hyped or popular with 'da kids' as long as I personally enjoy their music, but there's another thing to be considered here - if little mainstream pop kids are voting Left Behind as the next video to be played, then good on 'em! It means that the channel will actually be playing some decent heavy music for a change rather than Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera.
You see, some of those little kids may get into Slipknot, and then gradually get more and more involved in the metal scene until they become dedicated underground metalheads - meaning more fans and revenue for decent bands!

thats a bit timid, if no one cared about oppinions then we'd all have killed ourselves by now. Of course you must care a little about ''the kids'', but you dont care too much. i dont like what ive heard of them. As for kids getting into underground, hmn, it'll have to be on Kerrang Tv for them to get into it, and therfore it wont be underground.

one more thing: compare 9 slipknot members music to 4 opeth members music. i find it hard to believe where it all goes :confused:

were they on the MTV awards by the way? i didnt watch them, just curious if they were there.

anyway, you cant please everyone, so theres always gonna hatters.

Well first I'm new *waves*. Slipknot seems a good topic to post in seeing as though everyone seems to have an opnion on them.

Personally I don't mind them or their music they are just too gimmicked for me. Whether it's their choice, the choice of the record company (*crosses herself*) or the choice of the 10 year olds wearing Slipknot hoodies I'm not sure.

But masks? Boiler suits? Reeks of a cynical marketing plot to me. Shame really because the music isn't half bad.

-Selphie

I bought Iowa and was...dissapointed, the anger seemed misplaced and they seemed uncoordinated, Self Titled was good, very very good, but I think the only thing significantly different between IOWA and S\T is Corey, The coruses blow, "If your 555 I'm 666"? "People equal shit"? I mean c'mon, its lame, although I do think Left Behind rocks, whatever, its a shitty second album, lets hope #3 is better

Guys, guys, didn't we agree we hated seeing the word slipknot on the forum each and every day????!!??? Come on, I don't like the band, some agree with me some don't so let's leave it at that...

Now stop replying!

Come on,now.Stop arguing about this Slipknot shit now.Lets wait a couple of years and see if they are still around.If you dont like nu-pop/metal,just ignore it then.Anybody remembers "grunge"?