Slough Feg winter tour dates outline.

Going to see a band to garner evidence on whether they perform satisfactorily against an audit-like checklist is sterile and gay to say the least. To this day, I'm still shocked at just how laid back the crowds in the US are, arms folded and monitoring to see if the guitarist hits all the notes in a 32-note lead run. (The fact that people complain about there not being enough seats at ProgPower is pretty shocking.)

Just to be clear, this doesn't describe my boring, sober-ass self at all. I laugh hilariously at those ProgPower seat-whiners too. I absolutely cannot watch a show while sitting down. I pretty much rate bands on the "how much did they make me headbang" scale.

Oh, and emoticons are for the weak and crippled.

Neil

That blows Slough Feg sucked when you saw them live. Both times I've seen them they had tons of energy; the second time Mike even came on the ground, and pointed the end of his guitar towards TheGreatDeceivers' arse -fucking hilarious); the guitars were spot on; and the second time they played most new stuff which fucking ruled.

No Sky Chariots the second time though :(

swizzlenuts is dead on. The egg/band comes first... always.

By the way, if you believe in the crowd first theory, than you should fully expect Slough Feg's next performance to be like their Brooklyn performance, and not their HCII performance.

yeah, I don't disagree. I'm even saying that the HC2 performance could be a complete fluke. I'm just sticking with the "3 strikes and you're out" approach.

The night before Thanksgiving? There's going to be 30 people, tops. There will be no more energy in that venue than there was for the Brooklyn show, possibly less.

Greg - the night before Thanksgiving in the city is HEAVING. No shit. All the students etc might leave town to go home, but all the locals come out like there's no tomorrow.

Whether they end up at the Slough Feg show or not is a different matter. :loco:

Greg - the night before Thanksgiving in the city is HEAVING. No shit. All the students etc might leave town to go home, but all the locals come out like there's no tomorrow.
Fair enough. You and Aurel would know better than I.

Whether they end up at the Slough Feg show or not is a different matter.:loco:
Hey... as I said earlier in this thread, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that I could wind up at this show. But that would be completely predicated on RC turn out.

Zod

Just to be clear, this doesn't describe my boring, sober-ass self at all. I laugh hilariously at those ProgPower seat-whiners too. I absolutely cannot watch a show while sitting down. I pretty much rate bands on the "how much did they make me headbang" scale.

I know and I agree. I rarely care if the band isn't on the money in the way they play, it's more to do with energy and emotion.

The energy and emotion from Slough Feg at HC2 felt like seeing Iron Maiden playing at the Ruskin Arms in 1980. The entire set was like one big tribute to the glory years of NWOBHM.

Fair enough. You and Aurel would know better than I.

Hey... as I said earlier in this thread, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that I could wind up at this show. But that would be completely predicated on RC turn out.

Zod

What you should do is come to the city and sit in some random bar drinking pints of whiskey and coke. About 15 minutes into the Slough Feg show, we'll text you and let you know whether it's worth coming in or not. If not, we'll come join you and put $20 in the internet jukebox. :loco:

so basically this thread Zod ... lets cut through the bullshit ... is just to convince you to come to the show :loco:

but really, unlike the Brooklyn gig, the place they are playing this time around is surrounded by 504 other bars in a 2 block radius ... so there are escape routes.

now ... what happens if SF does suck this night? do we write them off completely?

so basically this thread Zod ... lets cut through the bullshit ... is just to convince you to come to the show :loco:

LOL, I think I would go to this show alone just to seek the truth!

now ... what happens if SF does suck this night? do we write them off completely?

If they absolutely suck, then yeah, at this point they'll become a CD only band. If they rule like they did at HC, I'll continue to see them on every occasion. Like I said, it's best out of 3.

Thing is, it appears that we are the ONLY people to have witnessed a bad show. So I have to hope/figure that the chances of them doing well are good. *crosses fingers*

but really, unlike the Brooklyn gig, the place they are playing this time around is surrounded by 504 other bars in a 2 block radius ... so there are escape routes.

What you should do is come to the city and sit in some random bar drinking pints of whiskey and coke. About 15 minutes into the Slough Feg show, we'll text you and let you know whether it's worth coming in or not. If not, we'll come join you and put $20 in the internet jukebox. :loco:

OK. As long as we have a backup plan... I'm in. However, if they really suck, we have to get a chant of, "Nevermore, Nevermore" going, between songs, before we leave for greener pastures.

Zod

I'm really hoping Slough Feg make it over to England sometime in the near future!

Small venues don't really bother me too much - I saw Cloven Hoof a few weeks back on a stage which could barely hold five people, and this Friday Destruction are playing in what appears to be little more than a pub!

Don't worry man, SLOUGH FEG is coming to England and Ireland next April!
:headbang:

I just got back from seeing Slough Feg tonight. Great show. I have seen them twice now and they were good both times. Scalzi did a few guitar solos from the top of the main bar that runs along the side of the room. He put in a drink request with the bartender during the second bar top solo.

Swizzlenuts, they played Sky Chariots at this show.

Jay Keeley, Lurch - They only played for about 50-55 minutes. So Zod won't have that long to wait for you at the neighboring bar. :loco:

I just got back from seeing Slough Feg tonight. Great show. I have seen them twice now and they were good both times. Scalzi did a few guitar solos from the top of the main bar that runs along the side of the room. He put in a drink request with the bartender during the second bar top solo.

Swizzlenuts, they played Sky Chariots at this show.

Jay Keeley, Lurch - They only played for about 50-55 minutes. So Zod won't have that long to wait for you at the neighboring bar. :loco:

sounds good ... hope the rest of the bands on the bill will be decent also.

so who's going to this show?