Slough Feg

Stealing this from another forum. Bible of the Devil, Hammers of Misfortune, & Slough Feg have all listed the following:

Alehorn of Power IV Festival
Cobra Lounge
Chicago, Illinois
August 5, 2009

FREE SHOW!!!!!!!

With Bible of the Devil, Hammers of Misfortune, Ludicra, Slough Feg, Argus, and Superchrist.

Freaking Wednesday night. What the hell.

I do see that Slough Feg/Bible of the Devil are doing a short tour around this show. Hammers of Misfortune/Ludicra are also doing the same. I might just catch the Tuesday/Thursday shows in St Paul. Swizzle, will you be in Madison in early August?

Slough Feg/Bible of the Devil:
Aug 5 2009 8:00P - Alehorn of Power Fest IV - Cobra Lounge, Chicago, Illinois
Aug 6 2009 8:00P - Turf Club St. Paul, Minnesota
Aug 7 2009 8:00P - Frequency Madison, Wisconsin

Hammers of Misfortune/Ludicra:
Aug 4 2009 8:00P - Turf Club, Saint Paul, Minnesota
Aug 5 2009 8:00P - Alehorn of Power Fest IV @ Cobra Lounge, Chicago, Illinois
Aug 7 2009 8:00P - Peabody’s, Cleveland, Ohio
Aug 9 2009 8:00P - Middle East, Boston, Massachusetts
Aug 10 2009 8:00P - AS220, Providence, Rhode Island
Aug 11 2009 8:00P - Santos, New York, New York
Aug 12 2009 8:00P - Johnny Brenda’s, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Aug 13 2009 8:00P - DC9, Washington DC
Aug 14 2009 8:00P - Sonar, Baltimore, Maryland
Aug 15 2009 8:00P - Ravari Room, Deadsea Columbus, Ohio

Hammers of Misfortune, Ludicra Aug 8th @ The Casbah (Hamilton, Ontario - Canada)

vittra's cd adventures update itt: i have received the traycard from mike, now i'm waiting for some auctions where i sell shit to finish so i can afford postage and a jewelcase

vittra's cd adventures update itt: i have received the traycard from mike, now i'm waiting for some auctions where i sell shit to finish so i can afford postage and a jewelcase

It's been a long strange road :kickass:

I don't know, The Bastard is pretty fucking awesome, but then again, so is Slough Feg...

animal_spirits_cover_250.jpg

Legendary cult American heavy metal band SLOUGH FEG have completed work on their follow-up to “Ape Uprising”, their eighth opus entitled “The Animal Spirits”.

Always seen as one of the most unique bands in metal today, and one of the most underrated (especially since SLOUGH FEG have never really gotten that deserving break in their homeland) likewise, SLOUGH FEG have amassed quite the dedicated following over the 20 or so years that they’ve been active as a band and have churned out such classic American metal albums as “Dawn Amongst The Deadmen”, “Twilight Of The Idols” and “Traveler” (the latter being the album many claim as the SLOUGH FEG classic).

Led by the charismatic vocalist/guitarist/lyricist Mike Scalzi, who has easily established himself as one of the best and most distinct vocalists and lyricists in all of metal, “The Animal Spirits” (which features an appearance from Brocas Helm vocalist Bob Wright) is will align itself as another gem in the illustrious SLOUGH FEG repertoire and of course be considered as one of the great metal releases to be released this year.

As for the significance of the album title “The Animal Spirits”, Scalzi delves further: “The title sounds like it could mean plenty of things, but really refers to an Aristotelian theory of perception that was somehow taken seriously until the mid to later 1700's (?!) Why this was I don't know, but it involves these bizarre fluid called ‘animal spirits’ traveling through a person's veins carrying information of what they have perceived, storing it in the heart, and then releasing it again when that thing is remembered. It really a primitive precursor to the idea of neurons firing in a chain, containing ideas. So that's what people will find if they do a little research about the title.”

Going further into the themes of the album, Scalzi elaborates: “The content of the record is (subject wise) is not too far from usual SLOUGH FEG material. The first two songs are about Medieval Catholic theology. Then it switches to basic horror themes, a couple of songs about some insane person who thinks he's a vampire, and then a werewolf (inspired by the Gothic soap-opera ‘Dark Shadows’) then there's one of our weird ‘what if Dicky Betts of the Allman Brothers had joined Iron Maiden in 1980’ instrumentals. Then a few more songs about frustration, misery and madness, and a final fast, driving rock/metal number called ‘Tactical Air-War’, which will be sung by Bob Wright of Brocas Helm!”

To be released in North America on Oct 26th via Profound Lore Records, tracklisting for “The Animal Spirits” goes as follows:

1. Trick the Vicar
2. The 95 Thesis
3. Materia Prima
4. Free Market Barbarian
5. Lycanthropic Fantasies
6. Ask the Casket
7. Heavyworlder
8. The Tell-Tale Heart
9. Kon-Tiki
10. Second Coming
11. Tactical Air-War

Animal Spirits will be for me THE metal event of the year,not long to wait now.The s/t first album really needs to be reissued as a cd copy has alluded me for years.I have the lp version but need a fucking cd copy,there are some great tunes on the s/t first album.

Really good album, I thought - hits a bit of a mid-album slump with the one-two of 'Ask The Casket' and 'Heavyworlder', but the rest of the album is pretty much all great. Love the instrumental 'Materia Prima', and that closing track with the dude from Brocas Helm rules. Just done a review of the album over at OneMetal.

I'd say the biggest hype band are Primordial. The Lord Weird Slough Feg reign SUPREME! Even though now I like Primordial, whatever. Still they invaded every RC poll since 1997 so yeah.

Down Among the Deadmen is my current choice from these dudes, but I will have foreverlove for Twilight of the Idols. And really I love all their albums, although I have yet to hear Ape Uprising.

Yeah this band is legit. Atavism and Down Among the Deadmen are boner material.

RC Hype band - Hammers of Misfortune