Slough Feg

I've seen Slough Feg live. They put on a good show. I don't know. I just get a bit sock of folkish metal after a while. I know that isn't their entire genre or whatever, but it's an element of their sound and I tire of it quickly. There's a lot better traditional metal in the catalogues of forgotten metal to wade through before you need to bother with Slough Feg.

RC Hype band - Hammers of Misfortune
Agreed. But they are still the best band eveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well I would say likely the best RC discovery for me.

The August Engine = Top 25 album fo' sho'

There's a lot better traditional metal in the catalogues of forgotten metal to wade through before you need to bother with Slough Feg.
They were my gateway drug into Traditional Heavy Metal® to be honest. I never much cared for trad stuff before falling head over heels for Slough Feg. In fact I distinctly remember JayK berating me for loving Slough Feg but not (yet) Iron Maiden some years ago, haha.

i tried all of hammers up to the double cd thing. there was nothing remotely interesting other than scalzi's voice. cobbett was most interesting playing in slough feg.

Every time I see this band mentioned, I recall Scalzi trying to "spit game" at HelveteKrieg at one of the Heathen Crusades. Dude didnt make any forehead way. :tickled:

Last edited by a moderator:
Down Among the Deadmen should be in the 100 RC Albums You Need to Hear Before You Stop Posting Here list, if ever there was one to be made. Someone should start that thread and we could all give up by the 3rd day.

Somehow this is related here: I had to retire my Nasheim shirt just this week, I've shrunk too much to fit into all my XL and XXL band shirts. Yet I keep them in a drawer as keepsakes from fatter, sweatier days of yore.

Every time I listen to anything this band has done since Hardworlder, I just end up wishing I hadn't.

Seems they blew their wad a decade ago... shame, really.

Both of the covers on Hardworlder irritate me to no end.
Weird?

Also, I was in a board game store yesterday and saw a giant Traveller rule book. Font even looked like the album. Fun!

Hello Kenneth!! Been well?

David is my middle name, and I changed it on a whim, thank you very much.

Oh, and to conceal my identity from the New World Order. o_O

edit: leave my hipster hairstyle alone!! I just told the lady to do what she saw fit with it (hahaha... wow)