Slow/Acoustic Metal Songs

Aecliptica

NOT FRANCOIS
Dec 29, 2002
Montreal , Quebec
Visit site
Could anybody list of some great slow metal songs...what i mean by this is like songs like "Patterns in the ivY by opeth" , "acoutsic medley and pallar anders visa by inflames", and other nice harmonious metal songs.

I have also heard good things about dream theater...would they happen to have any melodic songs like the ones stated above? thanks for the help :)

Vintersorg - "Om Regnbagen Materialiserades"

this song rocks your world. it's in Swedish too.

Originally posted by Aecliptica
omg, Desolate Ways by Morbid Angel......is absolutely beautiful

Heh, yeah it is. Whenever I have an acoustic guitar in my hands, that song will come out eventually. It's usually a big hit if I play it at a party. Real chick-pleaser, too;)

Anyhoo, Hears a list of all the acoustic and/or mellow metal songs(or mellow songs by metal bands) I can remember at the moment

At the Gates - And the World Returned
At the Gates - Into the Dead Sky
In Flames - Everlost Part II
In Flames - Whoracle
In Flames - Timeless
In Flames - Pallar Anders Visa
In Flames - Acoustic Medley
In Flames - Hargalaten
Opeth - Still Day Beneath the Sun
Opeth - Patterns in the Ivy I and II
Opeth - Benighted
Opeth - Credence
Opeth - Requiem
Opeth - For Absent Friends
Opeth - Harvest
Opeth - To Bid you Farewell
Opeth - Face of Melinda
Dark Tranquillity - Mine is the Grandeur
Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's Eye
Dark Tranquillity - A Bolt of Blazing Gold
Dissection - Crimson Winds
Dissection - Into Infinite Obscurity
Dissection - Feather's Fell
Morbid Angel - Desolate Ways
Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
Pantera - Planet Caravan
Pantera - Suicide Note, Part 1
Pantera - Floods
Iced Earth - Melancholy
Iced Earth - I Died For You
Iced Earth - Watching Over Me
Iced Earth - Ghosts of Freedom
Metallica - Orion
Metallica - To Live is To Die
Metallica - Fade to Black
Sentenced - No One There

Also, isn't there an Ulver album that's all acoustic?

That's all I can remember or know right now. I know there are a lot more than what I posted here, but I"m basing this on my extremely(at the time) limited record collection. but I hope this list helps you a little bit.

Originally posted by COnsiderateApathy
Most of Agalloch's album "The Mantle" is like this. Really really good stuff if you're into it.

Agreed, that album has such a bleak yet soothing atmosphere...the three instrumentals on the album are perfect for your contemplative moods.
Good slower songs from Dream Theater: Wait For Sleep, Lifting Shadows, Space Dye Vest, Hollow Years, Disappear, etc.

Originally posted by COnsiderateApathy
Most of Agalloch's album "The Mantle" is like this. Really really good stuff if you're into it. Also, check out the song "The Jester's Dance" by In Flames, it's a great mellow instrumental song.

The mantle is an absolutely increadible album for atmospheric acoustic bleak erm "metal". Agalloch's previous album was also very good in its own right, very melodic metal with a lot of acoustic interludes but more growling. Also "acoustic medley" by in flames is a great acoustic track. One other band that i rarely see mentioned that is absolutely great in this vein is Empyrium. All their stuff is folk acoustic music and they are increadibly good at what they do. I dont know if they could be considered black metal...definitely depressing but they are probably exactly what you are looking for. Check out the albums "Wieland" or "Where at night the wood grouse plays" by them...you wont be dissapointed.

turn the page-metallica
astronomy-metallica
sanatorium-metallica
nothing else matters-metallica
unforgivens1&2-metalllica
mama said-metallica
outlaw torn-metallica
no leaf clovers-metallica
to live is to die-metallica
fade to black-metallica
call of ktululu-metallica
after the war-iron maiden
the sign of the cross-iron maiden
wasting love-iron maiden
the aftermath-iron maiden
look for the truth-iron maiden
the angel and the gambler-iron maiden
como esta amigos-iron maiden
alexander the great-iron maiden
a morning sunset-empyrium(all of the songs in the album)
sense of moods-empyrium(all of the songs in the album)
wheiland-empyrium(all of the songs in the album)
tenhi(all of the songs on their only album)
shade-silverchair
unplugged in New York-nirvana(all the recovered songs in the album)
sleep of the angels-rotting christ
dracula-iced earth
black rose immortal-opeth
silent water-opeth

I also love "Solitary Shell" by Dream Theater. Empyrium is really good, I also like their "Songs Of Moors And Misty Fields" which is a little bit heavier and more gothic metal, but very much dominated by melancholy. Novembre's "Nostalgiaplatz" is a fantastic depressive song too, although it's not acoustic. Agathodaimon's "Sacred Divinity" is also quite good, it's probably one of their most melodic songs and it has great guest vocals.