What are some good mellower instrumental tracks by metal bands?

Opethfan1980

Jaded and Gaunt
May 8, 2002
California, USA
sunsetfuneral.iuma.com
I'm making a comp of some mellower instrumentals by metal bands.

I'm looking for great songs along the lines of "Dryad of the Woods" (Pain of Salvation), "Patterns in the Ivy" (Opeth), or "Acoustic Medley" (In Flames).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I knew lots of em....but dont have the cds with this stuff atm...:(

Can only remember that one song of MORNING CARESS fooking owned- it was just instrumental but with electroguitar!
Well, opeth was heavily presented on these cds of me anyway with songs like harvest,to bid ya farewell, benighted, credence,...

I have a particularly strong feeling about the following mellow/acoustic metalband songs:

Testament: "Musical Death (A Dirge)" and stuff by Empyrium.

Lol, that's great, my parents think exactly the same. Though I've played some softer Opeth to my mum and she really liked it.

Anyway, try some Evergrey, like "Words mean Nothing" from the "Solitude Dominance Tragedy" album. Not their greatest song, but still a great ballad.
I recently discovered the amazing band "Arena", and they have some freakin' good stuff on their homepage. (they have a forum here on UM, check it for a link to their HP). Try their song "The Hanging Tree", it kicks ass!
Manowar has made a couple of kickass ballads as well, try "Master of the Wind" for example.
Virgin Steele have made some really sappy powerballads, perfect for this ocassion. Try "Emalaith" from "The Marriage of Heaven and hell part II"...
Bruce Dicikinson made some great stuff on his latest solo-album... better than Maiden in fact. Try the song "Jerusalem" of off "The Chemical Wedding", it's a musical interpretation of William Blake's poem with the same name. Excellent stuff!

Cheers,
Nef

I m not sure about the name of song...I think that it is sonata artica's replicas or letter to dana (or both of them..)
I used to listen this when i m insomia