Slow downloads?

Ayeka

Hell Bent For Leather!
Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
I thought I'd go download Tears off the band's website to see what they're like, and DAMN, what's going on?! I'm on a 56k modem which obviously isn't very kind for downloading for starters, but this song is coming through at 828 bytes a second now...I don't think I've seen anything slower. Is it something to do with the server or some technogubbins that I don't understand?

Anyway, hope the song turns out to be worth the wait :) I'm off for a fag now...

\m/

Yea man it's a good song, there are better ones on the CD. I don't know how many people will agree with me but Symphorce to me seem kinda like a lighter version of Nevermore, with some Ripper era Priest thrown in there and a tad bit of Bruce Dickinson. Now this is just to give you an idea of their sound. They are completely their own band with their own sound:D

Thank god I heard the song before I read your description...the one Nevermore song I've heard (Politics of Ecstasy) bored me and I'm no big fan of Ripper-era Priest (or Iced Earth for that matter :saint: ) ...cool song, nice bit of fun. The singer sounds so familiar...

If Metal Blade's site sorts itself out I'd definately be up for grabbing the rest of the songs on there...but I really don't know when I'm next going to have to time to sit down for an hour or more to download one song. Things are quite erratic. Still, glad I discovered this band. Here's for more!

lol, i guess i could have been a bit more precise with my description and as i sadi maybe not everyone would agree with me =) Thats what i hear sometimes though, or am reminded of. Symphorce are quite good and if i had to go on the name alone i would have never bothered to listen to them. I would have immediately thought power metal and i am not a fan of power metal:D

Another Blaze fan...wicked! :D
Glad you were able to grab a song after all...must be tough without a fast internet connection :erk: but totally worth it! If you continue to have problems I'll have the webmaster check on the downloads, otherwise enjoy the tunes!

Ayeka said:
Thank god I heard the song before I read your description...the one Nevermore song I've heard (Politics of Ecstasy) bored me
Well, it's by far the worst Nevermore song ever to me ;) Try "Seven Tongues of God" or "Next in Line" from the same album, you'll be surprised.

@Dark Chapter : I somehow agree with you, even if Symphorce are less proggy than Nevermore IMO, less depressive & dark too.
As you said they have their own sound, that's what is really important.

I really don't believe in putting labels on bands, because it limits a band in many ways...people tend to say "oh, I don't like this style of music" and may discard listening to a band because it has a certain "label". So I am all for discussing influences and "styles" instead :) . Symphorce is a very diverse band and have a unique sound of their own...that is why I myself enjoy their work so much...from Symphorce you can expect anything raging from prog,trash,classic metal, power,and the list goes on. I'd say give a listen and you be the judge as to how it sounds personally to you.

At any rate...back to the subject at hand, if there are any problems concerning the downloads please make them know