ANATHEMA | NEW SONG ONLINE

Don't like it.At all. I really adore Anathema, and all of their work is amazing...yes, they gone soft, but music on previous albums is still 'depressing'...and this song is something between Coldplay and Britney Spears..sorry o_O

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Whos the girl singing? The last time I heard a female voice on an Anathema song was Sleepless 96' .

Her name is Lee Douglas, she is actually a band member now. She did the some of the vocals and back vocals on their last album (A Natural Disaster).

I personally thought the song was amazing (as always), the change of mood in it is very balanced...I heard that they were going to put up 2 other songs for download in the coming weeks. Can't wait
Cheers,

Migs said:
hey Tone-Deaf, how did you save the song on your pc? i right-click on the song but it tells me that i must buy the quicktime 7 version in order to save it! what the fuck?

I don't have a clue. Try to get it by visiting their website www.anathema.ws it will appear a message ''click here to download the brand new song'' something like that or go to the multimedia section , it will be there with the lyrics.

---

I understand why many didn't like the song. Comparing this song to such great others that Anathema has recorded, it's nothing special. With their latest AND, altough it was pretty good imo, they looked like there were somewhere in the middle of the road. I wish they could mix their old stuff with the new, just like Katatonia did in their two latest albums. There was a mix for example in ''pulled under at 2000 metres per second'', but I wish they could put out more songs like this one.

But, this song is still great as "It has been recorded and mixed by the band, independent of any record company''. So, without working with proffesionals and creating at least an above average song, If not a great song, (which is imo), we have to appreciate their effort.

I still hope Anathema finds the resources needed to make another album, though if the rest of the songs are like this, I may have to pass...it reminded me of the worst songs on AND (which I liked for the most part along with Exit), sounds powerless, and the backing vocals outright suck...more than a little desperate to get on a major, perhaps?

i am not too happy about this song right now. but it took me a number of listens to get into a natural disaster. i really like a couple songs from that album. i hope i have the same feelings towards this one because anathema has always been a special band to me since i started listening to them with alternative 4.

Actually I like the song. Sounds a bit like coldplay.
But I have the feeling that Anathema are concentrating too much of being someone else musically. but, who cares.
They should do what they think is the best for them.

np: Saybia - In spite of

Why do you miss the old Anathema?
I mean, people grow older and develop (no matter if forwards or backwards - this is a subjective point of view), such as Katatonia, Amorphis, My Dying Bride or The Gathering have done, too...
Anathema still have some of their older trademarks (such as Vince's vox, Danny's leads, John's amazing drum style...) as well as they got rid of some I loved very much (the killer guitar harmonies on "Serenades" and "Pentecost III")...
I LOVE each and every record from the Crestfallen E.P. til "Everything"... It's a matter of musical tolerance and acceptance that Anathema don't want to play any Gothic Doom/Death Metal any more...