ANATHEMA | NEW SONG ONLINE

The Foreverlorn said:
Why do you miss the old Anathema?
I mean, people grow older and develop (no matter if forwards or backwards - this is a subjective point of view), such as Katatonia, Amorphis, My Dying Bride or The Gathering have done, too...
Anathema still have some of their older trademarks (such as Vince's vox, Danny's leads, John's amazing drum style...) as well as they got rid of some I loved very much (the killer guitar harmonies on "Serenades" and "Pentecost III")...
I LOVE each and every record from the Crestfallen E.P. til "Everything"... It's a matter of musical tolerance and acceptance that Anathema don't want to play any Gothic Doom/Death Metal any more...
Agreed - Anathema are one of my all time favourite bands purely for their diversity and the variety in all of their albums. I love their early work and I love their new work all the same.

The Foreverlorn said:
Why do you miss the old Anathema?
I mean, people grow older and develop (no matter if forwards or backwards - this is a subjective point of view), such as Katatonia, Amorphis, My Dying Bride or The Gathering have done, too...
Anathema still have some of their older trademarks (such as Vince's vox, Danny's leads, John's amazing drum style...) as well as they got rid of some I loved very much (the killer guitar harmonies on "Serenades" and "Pentecost III")...
I LOVE each and every record from the Crestfallen E.P. til "Everything"... It's a matter of musical tolerance and acceptance that Anathema don't want to play any Gothic Doom/Death Metal any more...

I love their latest stuff too. What I meant is that I miss some part of them(as you have already said), not exactly the whole ''package''. I'm not a big fan of ''death...'' stuff, only a few are really good at this. I still appreciate what they do, there are only a few artists of this kind nowadays. I really like ''Everything'', ''AND'', ''Underworld'' and other more soft songs. I just wish they could put on a record more songs which are a blend of their new and old stuff like ''pulled under...''. But, I'm not dissapointed, people change and their music changes as well as it represents their deepest thoughts, their feelings, their life.

All in all, I can say that I agree with your opinion.

doom_death said:
Don't like it.At all. I really adore Anathema, and all of their work is amazing...yes, they gone soft, but music on previous albums is still 'depressing'...and this song is something between Coldplay and Britney Spears..sorry o_O

Right in a point, Anathema have Coldplay sound on "everything", but influencing at shitty Brithney Spears:zombie: not.

Anathema not second group in "emotion fragile", perhaps their upcoming opus will be in same line with Katatonic " The Great Cold Distance"- leader this days. :Smokin:

I'm not hearing Britney Spears here at all, and this song is better than anything Cockplay has ever done. Anathema has evolved over the years and I like pretty much most of what they've done, the new song included. It's a nice listen. I'm surprised to read that they're without a record contract.