Slowest song?

probably something by Neurosis..if anyone even considers them remotely metal..they seem popular amongst the metalheads though..

"Richard" by Sunn0))) is very slow indeed... the main riff is a simple progression with a few notes, and lasts about twelve seconds per repetition. And check out "The Monolyth" by my own band, Monolythic Idol (link below).

Originally posted by Board
Type O Negative "Suspended in dusk": 52 bpm and it's played in half-time feel on top of that!

52 bpm? That's speed metal compared to a lot of funeral doom out there. I think one song on Skepticism's Stormcrowfleet is around 12 bpm. And stuff like Earth, Sunn O)) make Skepticism seem fast!

Hm. I know a better T.O.N. example. Bloody Kisses (A death in the family) is pretty slow. I can't seem to think of anymore bands. Others could defintely be some stuff by Crow Bar. Their songs: nothing, subversion etc are very sluggish.

JAH

Sunn O))) or Earth would definately get my vote too. Can't think of
a specific song atm, but they are in a league on their own. Of none drone bands the first Funeral album is pretty damn slow too.

Originally posted by JAH
Hm. I know a better T.O.N. example. Bloody Kisses (A death in the family) is pretty slow. I can't seem to think of anymore bands. Others could defintely be some stuff by Crow Bar. Their songs: nothing, subversion etc are very sluggish.

JAH
"Bloddy kisses (a death in the family)" is played in half time feel at 68 bpm, so "Suspended in dusk" is slower.
52 bpm? That's speed metal compared to a lot of funeral doom out there. I think one song on Skepticism's Stormcrowfleet is around 12 bpm. And stuff like Earth, Sunn O)) make Skepticism seem fast!
12 bpm? Are you sure? That's only a beat for every 5 seconds!! This sounds kind of unbelievable, but I haven't heard the song though.

sunn0)) are the most crushing doom band ever, I don't think that anyone has ever played slower then them. They can play a 14 minute song that only has 6 beats and still make it sound good!

I´d vote for something from Skepticism.. I dunno these drone bands are slower I guess, but I have a hard time deciding if they´re metal or not.

i would say that esoteric, grief, earth, corrupted are some of the slowest stuff ive heard .. and a UK band called Palehorse, 2 bassists, singer, drummer, there are some upbeat times as well, but the slow stuff is ridiculously slow, about 8bpm!!! ..

if you ever get chance to see them live, then do so.. they are marvellous, the 2 bass attack makes the walls rattle, and it looks like the drummer is getting shot every time he hits a snare!!!

awesome! intense as fuck!