small problem recording with podx3

Sep 15, 2008
i have a "problem" when i record guitars with my pod...in my records i like guitars tone that i get with pod x3 but my sound is tightened and compressed...
when i play with my podx3 i like tone, it´s open and hard but when i record sound transforms in tightened and compressed. why¿?¿¿¿

i connect pod with only USB. it can be for that reason??
i need to fix this "problem" to record more hard.:erk:

(sorry for my bad english)

example test of a bit tightened sound -> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnjmymfm2wh

your phrasing is making it akward- tightened, compressed and hard could mean anything to different people, I know describing sound in words is like explaining archictecture though dance but could you elaborate and explain ion more detail cause to be honest i've read a few of your posts and haven't a clue what you mean

sorry for threads, but i'm desperate.
i explain it better:

POD - usb to pc
DAW program - Nuendo 3
POD X3 configuration - 48000 and 24 bits.
i configure my preset in pod and record in Nuendo.

when i play my guitar without record, sound in pod is hard and powerful.

i use pod with usb (using pod like soundcard) and record that tone (apparently powerful).
then, i use my soundblaster like soundcard with recorded tone and that tone isn't powerful, it's a bit compressed. it can be seen in my record test...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnjmymfm2wh

i repeat, in my record test i like my tone, yes, i like...but when i play with that preset without record sound is different, hard, powerful...

:(

problem is that i see records in this forum with pod with usb only and sound is powerful...tone good and powerful.
mine is tone good but compressed...not nearly...
in my record test you can see this perfectly, guitars haven´t presence and powerful but tone is good...

problem:
i tried two forms to record:

-> 1. pod to pc (usb) directly -> when i play with pod sound hard and when i record a bit compressed (thread title)
-> 2. pod to pc with jack in LEFT OUPUT -> horrible! preset changes with respect to usb method, break sound...

i´m desperate.:(

1. Dont use the USB, i dunno why just not a good idea.
2. what do you expect you have a Soundblaster get a good/descent interface

problem:
i tried two forms to record:

-> 1. pod to pc (usb) directly -> when i play with pod sound hard and when i record a bit compressed (thread title)
-> 2. pod to pc with jack in LEFT OUPUT -> horrible! preset changes with respect to usb method, break sound...

i´m desperate.:(

Try to compare different records (not from POD), for example well known song, listen it through SoundBlaster and then through POD, look for difference. Maybe POD expand sound on speaker/headphones output or SB pauperized it?

Try to compare different records (not from POD), for example well known song, listen it through SoundBlaster and then through POD, look for difference. Maybe POD expand sound on speaker/headphones output or SB pauperized it?

i´ll try to make takes today and upload it here.;)

The POD is actually a pretty decent soundcard, and when I record using USB it sounds the same in my headphones as it does on the recorded track. I think there is something else at fault, not the fact that you are doing USB recording. I would try exchanging the POD for a new one (if it is still under warranty) or use someone else's to compare recorded sounds, or better yet try recording at someone else's place using their computer and seeing if the problem still exists.

I know how to get rid of your problems with the POD. Get a good interface, mic and real amp/cab.

~006

mmm, when i record with pod, sound is the same playing like recorded track.
but...when i quit pod and use my soundcard to mix record, sound is different...more compressed.