Small studio monitors

themaster

Jun 18, 2006
HI anyone got any suggestions for some new home studio monitors, i have a compact room so lare monitors would be to much i think.
I have pmc tb2+ monitors in my living room to check mixes on and like thier sound. I have had some advice recently suggesting getting a different make for the studio so i have contrasting charicteristics in each system.

i have a limited budget sat £500 tops for a pair, this can be for active or passive.

thankyou

I had considered adam p10 and pmc db1+ or s models

check out some of the Dynaudio monitors, such as the BM-5As

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BM5A/

I use a cheaper pair of Yorkville's to mix on, and everytime i hear my buddy's BM-5As, i'm just blown away.... Anyhow, they should run you about 1000 US, so that should be right around your budget cap, and they're VERY highly rated.

Also, don't be afraid to check out places like GearSlutz.com, for recording and equipment advice...it's been a great wealth of knowledge for myself, personally.

Thankyou
ill have a listen to a pair if i can find some locally. The studio we are recording our album in has a pair of larger dynaudio monitors only thing im not sure of with them is the bass drum and bass sound bloated and not well defined, however they must reach lowish as you can hear any b string intonation problems or where i have pulled the note slightly sharp especially when playing octaves starting on the b string on my 6 string bass which is scary.

have you heard and adam monitors or the new yamahas?