Sneap mixing new Dimmu borgir album?

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
im listening to Dimmu borgir´s new single "Gateways"
and i saw it was mixed by our own great Andy Sneap.

so...i suppose he is the one mixing the entire album

really liking the mix on this song
maybe just a little too focused on vocals and orchestra (just my opinion)
but still a great mix

i hope Andy could come here and tell us a little more

WTF is this april fools? No fucken way

I don't buy it...where did you hear Andy is doing this? My nuts are bulging right now

Read it for yourself

61638524.jpg

I thought this was old news that Sneap was doing the new album? Ah well, NB is really cracking down on the leaks of this single by the looks!

ah, cool, so it's official now.
lots of interesting stuff and new gear on this one (just a guess), cannae wait to pick the album up.
Must have been a hell of a mix with all the orchestra and stuff.
27. only one more week ;)

im curious about the "mixed by andy sneap AND dimmu borgir"...
how were they involved?

im curious about the "mixed by andy sneap AND dimmu borgir"...
how were they involved?

I've always been under the impression that with credits like that, it means that the band (or at least the main guys) were "watching over the shoulder", telling how they want something to sound like. While the other option is that the band was not there when it was mixed.

I've always been under the impression that with credits like that, it means that the band (or at least the main guys) were "watching over the shoulder", telling how they want something to sound like. While the other option is that the band was not there when it was mixed.

Is it possible that they did some of the mixing of the orchestral stuff so they got some credit for it? Just a thought, but I truly have no idea what it means.

This would be my guess as well

Those sang vocals at the end of the song are just so fucking amazing. Did they say they got a choir or something? I'm guessing Vortex would have done those parts if he was still around...

WOW, finally a song of Dimmu Borgir that dont sound like the copy of Dimmu Borgir XD