Sneap mixing new Dimmu borgir album?

The album will feature an ensemble orchestra, the Kringkastingsorkestret (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra), as well as the Schola Cantorum choir, totaling more than 100 musicians and singers.

Personnel

* Shagrath – vocals, keyboards
* Silenoz – rhythm guitar
* Galder – lead guitar

Programmed drums? lol

11. "Gateways" (orchestral version) ??

im curious about the "mixed by andy sneap AND dimmu borgir"...
how were they involved?

It means in my opinion that the band are douchebags and have ideas above their station about their actual involvement in the record.
Also means that they get points .....

who's the female vocalist on the track? they don't list it on that sleeve.

I found this video on youtube that I found pretty interesting. Someone pitched the song down 4 semitones and it sounds A LOT like Vortex (their old bassist/singer), if not exactly. I'm not saying this is what they did for the song, but it certainly is interesting none-the-less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig it..shitload of layers, but it's sounds pretty cool tho!

Still, Blessings Upon the blablablabla is my favourite Dimmu song..

@ Vortex discussion, this is pretty cool. If you say it to me, he sounds like it!

Try pitching up another Dimmu Borgir song 4 semitones, sounds pretty similar to the vocals on Gateways. Interesting stuff, whether coincidence or conspiracy :err:

^ That's the first thing I did this morning and yes it's pretty similar. There is a difference but that's probably due to some software that's been used to change the voice characteristics before or after the pitchshift.

Those vocals are SO much better and more epic pitch shifted down. That definitely sounds like Vortex! Seems as if the rumour is spreading, I also saw it on a Dimmu Borgir forum, so hopefully they will come out with some sort of comment.

Pretty controversial song.. Am I the only one who thinks that the track sounds like crap... Both sound and music/composing wise... I am sure that it is because of "mixed by sneap AND DIMMU BORGIR". I guess sneap was not involved in this track realy much. And regarding these high vocals it seems to me that tey are artificialy pitched up. Maybe it was vortex singing on some previously recorded demo version of the song but they split up and now the band is trying to blur it pithing it up just to make it difficult for everyone to recognize the vortex singing because he is no longer in the band...

I don't think that it sounds very good either. It's not a bad song though, I quite like it actually. It's just a great shame with the high pitched vocals if it turns out to actually be Vortex. It most definitely sounds like him, and even if it isn't him the vocals sound so much better when they sound like him.