Sneap mixing new Dimmu borgir album?

Here's my full opinion of this song after +-20 plays:
++ On the orchestral parts, it makes it sound huge, awesome composition also
+ Voice of the woman. After listening to her solo project I'm not even going into debate wheater it's her or Vortex, listen to her bands and you know it's her
+ Song overall is also pretty good constructed
+ Mix

- I'm missing a certain vibe on the drums. It's becoming more and more a "drummachine" feel than actual drums. If I listen to the CD's Barker played on there is about a 100% turnaround from that style to this one. Where Barker could play everything tight and like a drummachine, he made it groove like no machine can do. There new drummer is actually really good on the machine like style, but het just doesn't groove.
- Maybe they're in need a bit to much of the orchestral stuff right now, but maybe that doesn't have to be a bad thing if it's done right.

no its not him on the album, I was just saying thats his style. As you can see, he's working hard getting in shape
barks.jpg

Hm, that's from wikipedia:

Personnel

Shagrath – lead vocals, keyboards
Silenoz – rhythm guitar
Galder – lead guitar
Daray - drums[6]
[edit]Guests
Agnete Kjølsrud - female vocals [7]
Snowy Shaw - bass guitar, clean vocals
[edit]Other
Andy Sneap - mix[6]
Gaute Storaas - orchestral arrangements
Joachim Luetke - cover art

Edit: Nevermind, posted after Andy.

no its not him on the album, I was just saying thats his style. As you can see, he's working hard getting in shape

Aah pfff...allready thought my ears were deceiving me!
It's been quiet around him for a few years, which is a shame he's got lots of talent. I know he had a flirt with Testament and now plays in Lock Up, which is not really my thing since I'm not that big on grindcore, but that's about it.

Just out of curiosity Andy, how would you rate the blackstar heads? They're getting a lot of press coverage in UK guitar mags with the likes of Ihsahn from Emperor endorsing them.
Is there any other head that they are similar to?

I love the video!! The imagery is awesome. I want one of those masks with the 6 eye holes!!! It looks badass.
I still love the song, and even the chick's voice grew on me. Cant wait to hear the rest of it.

Just out of curiosity Andy, how would you rate the blackstar heads? They're getting a lot of press coverage in UK guitar mags with the likes of Ihsahn from Emperor endorsing them.
Is there any other head that they are similar to?

I just sold a Blackstar HT-100 and a Series One head.
I also own the series one cab which i kept.

Both heads were definitely missing the balls and I wasn’t too impressed with the ISF feature atall, didn’t record well either. Plenty of gain on both heads but there was no high end bite it was all too friendly sounding to my ears +
The Blackstar didn’t cut it live (other guitarist uses a 6505) typical.

Sold em both and got a Krank Krankenstein and this head is proper versatile and beastly, completely rips the HT and Series One heads, actually the Krankenstein rips most amps ive owned including my 6505.

The series one cab is extremely decent for the price though.

I just sold a Blackstar HT-100 and a Series One head.
I also own the series one cab which i kept.

Both heads were definitely missing the balls and I wasn’t too impressed with the ISF feature atall, didn’t record well either. Plenty of gain on both heads but there was no high end bite it was all too friendly sounding to my ears +
The Blackstar didn’t cut it live (other guitarist uses a 6505) typical.

Sold em both and got a Krank Krankenstein and this head is proper versatile and beastly, completely rips the HT and Series One heads, actually the Krankenstein rips most amps ive owned including my 6505.

The series one cab is extremely decent for the price though.

Cheers man. I have a JSX myself but I was looking into buying something new to toy about with and the Blackstars seem to be getting a lotta press. Think I'll stay away from them now:heh:
Might get a Bugera :)lol:) and frankenstein it a bit with new tubes and bias it hot. They're going crazy cheap on Thomann.
I seem to be derailing the thread here so back on topic, new song sounds good, different to what I was expecting so I'm looking forward to the album. Again excellent work by Mr Sneap :kickass: