So Cal Bassists

"There was no worry about radio play or record sales, it was purely about the music."

A good thing that 2112 went gold, then, because Fly By Night and Caress Of Steel sold less than a quarter-of-a-million thousand copies after their release, and their contract was dangerously close to nonrenewal.

"Nothing Rush ever did after Moving Pictures comes close to Caress Of Steel!"

What a load. :p

Originally posted by feralkid
"Nothing Rush ever did after Moving Pictures comes close to Caress Of Steel!"

What a load. :p

Really. He's welcome to his opinion but even Rush have said that album sucked and never played anything off it live.

Didn't they play "Bastille Day" & "Lakeside Park"? I do like the album, as a Rush fanboy, but to say it's better than Signals and Grace Under Pressure (just for a pair of quick examples) is silly.

Originally posted by 97reb
Personally, Rush from the 70's was the best. Their most under-rated album is "Caress Of Steel". The Epic Song, "The Fountain Of Lamneth" is the best Rush ever. There was no worry about radio play or record sales, it was purely about the music. Listen to Panacea real loud in the dark or semi-dark sometime with no other distractions. Nothing Rush ever did after Moving Pictures comes close to "Caress Of Steel"!

I personally think nothing RUSH has done has been better than Moving Pictures. That's my favorite RUSH album by far. I wore the cassette out when I was in my teens.