So guys for the tour coming up what do you guys hope to hear the most?

levi

Aug 26, 2004
I really want to hear some new stuff but it would be cool if they played a good amount off The Gathering that they havent played in a while and some tunes off Low that they havent played in a longtime I shit myself when I seen they played Dog Faced Gods.

Yeah that'd be cool. Low/Gathering tunes. I want to hear The New Order album in it's entirety live. Along with COTLOD, Apocalyptic City, One Man's Fate, Malpractice, and a bunch others.

I can already hear Chuck say: "want to hear some old school stuff you haven't heard in a long time?" and the band plays the "rare" classics like Into the Pit, Disciples, Over the Wall, Burnt Offerings, New Order etc...
Like with every tour I hope they will be "brave" enough to remind people about the existence of some really rarely played stuff like:

As the Seasons Grey
The Ritual
Time is Coming
A Day of Reckoning
Envy Life
One Man's Fate
Malpractice
Falling Fast
Absence of Light
Troubled Dreams
Love to Hate
The Sermon
Deadline
Agony
Do or Die
COTLOD
Let go of my world

And if they're about to play some newer stuff, I hope it won't be the usual: Low, Dog Faced Gods, Demonic Refusal, Burning Times, DNR and 3 Days in Darkness, but:

Chasing Fear
All I Could Bleed
Shades of War
Legions (In Hiding)
Hatred's Rise
John Doe
Distorted Lives
Jun-Jun
Careful What You Wish For
Riding the Snake

As for the new album, I'm guessing it will be down to More than meets the eye, Formation, Henchmen and perhaps Persecuted or Afterlife. I'd love to hear:

Killing Season
F.E.A.R.
Dangers of the Faithless
Leave Me Forever

Such talking never changes much, though. We might get one or two surprise songs, as a result of the London show (I'm guessing Reign of Terror or Do or Die, 'cause Raging Waters wouldn't be a big surprise) but the rest will be standard, "safe" songs the people are used to. I don't understand this, I don't like this, but I'll go to the shows and will love it - only not as much as I would love to hear some rarities. How a band that has so many gems in their discography chooses to play the same stuff over and over again.

Yeah, a couple of us have been talking like this before every tour for years...

Well it's quite simple. When bands come through a town or state or country, people expect them to "play the hits" because the majority of people want that. The "real" fans of the band want to hear material that they haven't heard many times over. I would think bands get sick of playing the same songs over and over again, just like most people get sick of doing the same thing in their jobs over and over again. I think it was Tyler Durden or somebody who wanted the "Fuck the hits" tour. That would be a great idea, but it probably won't happen.

Didn't Maiden play their new album in it's entirety on a tour. I remember reading something like that and people were bitching about it. You can't satisfy everyone, but I know what you mean HP, it would be great if bands played songs they haven't played in awhile or have never played.

I see your point, Sole Reaper. I'm just wondering whether it's really still such a majority of people demanding the hits or just the band's misguided notion of the fans' needs (they could be judging by the reception of the hits, but if the execution's perfect, the crowd response is usually great not only when the hits are played). I mean, TestAmenT has been visiting some countries at least twice a year for the past few years and most people really got used to hearing the same songs. "Fuck the hits" tour by any band would be great, although a mix of popular and rare would be a nice beginning and could help in pleasing both group of fans, I'm guessing. Whoever labelled some songs "hits" or "classics" anyway? Wasn't it the band themselves when they chose some songs to have a steady place on the setlist. Some songs get ignored from the beginning (there are songs they never played live, if I'm correct- like Absence of Light, Time is Coming, The Sermon, Shades of War, Hatred's Rise or Killing Season).
Anyway, let's hope sooner or later the guys will get bored enough to start experimenting

Playing their new album in its entirety was the best decision Iron Maiden ever made...

I'd like to hear the whole first two albums again! :lol: Failing that, the whole of Practice and The Ritual would be ideal...

well,Maiden were ballsy when they did that.too bad they totally lost their balls for the rest of the setlist.

i'd love to hear:

Low
Hatred rise
Demonic refusal
troubled dreams (that's a real dream!)

By the way, TestAmenT is going to play rome, italy this summer and 2 other cities here in the country. Tour dates is not updated

I really want to hear some new stuff but it would be cool if they played a good amount off The Gathering that they havent played in a while and some tunes off Low that they havent played in a longtime I shit myself when I seen they played Dog Faced Gods.

This. When I saw them in 06 they only played old stuff (which was still nice) and then in 08 they played some songs from Low, Demonic and The Gathering but I'd want to hear more.

i'd love to hear:

Low
Hatred rise
Demonic refusal
troubled dreams (that's a real dream!)

By the way, TestAmenT is going to play rome, italy this summer and 2 other cities here in the country. Tour dates is not updated

And do you know if there's a chance they play in Paris or another french cities ?
It would be amazing for me :worship:

I'd like to hear Perilous Nation. They haven't played that one in a very long time and it's an amazing song. Or maybe Face in the Sky and Falling Fast back to back!

you know, since this is going to be my first Testament concert I just want to hear the basic stuff.:)

yea you know just the hits ,but it really doesn't matter because it's testament it's all good.

The link to vote was on the myspace page briefly but it has been removed. The tour starts Saturday so there's not much time!

The poll is on the website. I'm sorry to say that and I hate to complain, but there's not much choice, really. You can have The Legacy+hits, TNO+hits or the hits+more hits. Pretty much what they've been playing for the past I don't even remember how many years, you can just slightly shift the emphasis towards new hits, old hits or the even older hits. The new songs listed in the set-list C are almost exactly what I "predicted": DNR, Formation, 3 Days, Demonic, DFG, MTMTE and True Believer.

Now, if there were more options, like PWYP+hits, Souls+hits, Ritual+hits etc. that would be something. Anyway, I'm predicting the 3rd option will get the most votes, as it mixes stuff up just a little bit. Still, not a single surprise. Ok, you can count First Strike as something a little unexpected.

I'd like to add that I really appreciate the idea of letting the fans choose! It's very nice of the band and it's obvious they want the tour to be something special. I just hope the next time there will be MUCH more real choice.

Have a cool tour, Testament and enjoy your show every board member who's going!