songs TestAmenT needs to revive!

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD

BRINGER OF TORTURE
May 20, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
Visit site
Ok, heres a chance to post some songs youd love to hear TestAmenT dust off !

And dont even think of writing something retarded like Disciples of the Watch. Thats like saying you wish Slayer would play Angel of Death:lol:
This is strictly for songs that havent been played in a long time.

Heres mine:

CURSE OF THE LEGIONS OF DEATH!!!!! (last heard in 89!)
Raging Waters (I hear they will be doing this one again)
Do or Die (I last heard this live in 89 as part of a medley!)

Perilous Nation
Envy Life
BLESSED IN CONTEMPT!!!!! (this brutal masterpiece should be a staple!
Sins of Omission

Face in the Sky
Seven Days of May
Absence of Light
FALLING FAST!!!!!
Malpractice (most of the Souls tunes were only played in 91 and from what I remember they only did Face in the Sky and Malpratice from this list) This is such an underrated record by both the band and the fans.

So Many Lies
Electric Crown (last heard these 2 on that tour)

I totally agree with you Hunger.... Souls is a GREAT record. I know the band has said before in interviews that they were never really happy with the production (the recording quality etc) but the songs are great. I love "Malpractice", Skolnick's solo in that is awesome. As a guitar player, I think that's some of Skolnick's best work. Mainly because every album he seemed to get better and better and this one to me was really cool. On the Ritual is where he kind of took the left turn out of metal ...... :err:

Originally posted by hiddenlegions
I totally agree with you Hunger.... Souls is a GREAT record. I know the band has said before in interviews that they were never really happy with the production (the recording quality etc) but the songs are great. I love "Malpractice", Skolnick's solo in that is awesome. As a guitar player, I think that's some of Skolnick's best work. Mainly because every album he seemed to get better and better and this one to me was really cool. On the Ritual is where he kind of took the left turn out of metal ...... :err:

I have a friend who is an incredible guitarist. Too bad hes so lazy, hes been playing for about 20 years and is better than most professional musicians, but he's somehow content with not doing anything about it - married, kids, etc.
Anyway, when Souls came out he said the same thing about the solo in Malpractice. He was so thrilled they played that live on the tour.
So was I, that tour was so amazing! Ive said it before and Ill say it again TestAmenT totally blew Slayer off the stage on that tour!

really wow!!!!!!!!!!!testement blew slayer!!!!!!!!!!!naybody have video bootlegs form that tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, if you only saw that tour, youd agree. I WISH I had a Testament boot from that tour!
TestAmenT came out and opened with Eerie Inhabitants! At that time, they hadnt played that song since the New order tour 3 years earlier. It was so fucking incredible! On the Practice tour they opened with the Eerie INTRO, but went into Practice What You Preach, so when they actually jammed Eerie in its entirety the place went ballistic! Then they went directly into RAGING WATERS!!!! Needless to say TESTAMENT were in total control that night. (IM assuming it was the same every night) I only saw one show, but Ive seen Slayer boots from that tour and it was the same boring shit night after night with NO Hell Awaits songs and almost ALL of Seasons (their worst album to date at that time) TESTAMENT totally owned them. Hahahaha! NO BALLADS that night!
Testament came out and played with 100% energy and aggression and then Slayer lazily plodded through a lame ass set.
I will never forget that night!
TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
Man, if you only saw that tour, youd agree. I WISH I had a Testament boot from that tour!
TestAmenT came out and opened with Eerie Inhabitants! At that time, they hadnt played that song since the New order tour 3 years earlier. It was so fucking incredible! On the Practice tour they opened with the Eerie INTRO, but went into Practice What You Preach, so when they actually jammed Eerie in its entirety the place went ballistic! Then they went directly into RAGING WATERS!!!! Needless to say TESTAMENT were in total control that night. (IM assuming it was the same every night) I only saw one show, but Ive seen Slayer boots from that tour and it was the same boring shit night after night with NO Hell Awaits songs and almost ALL of Seasons (their worst album to date at that time) TESTAMENT totally owned them. Hahahaha! NO BALLADS that night!
Testament came out and played with 100% energy and aggression and then Slayer lazily plodded through a lame ass set.
I will never forget that night!
TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMN i wish i would have been there....

i think TestAmenT should play C.O.T.L.O.D. and Raging Waters

I saw that tour with Slayer...The opening with Eerie Inhabitants was KILLER!!! I can't think of a better song for them to start a show with! I'm hoping they play that one when I see them next week...open with it would be ideal!

PLEASE:wave:

for their future tours here are the songs Testament needs to revive:

Note: since Into The Pit & Over The Wall are everybody's moshpit favorites they will be played anyway.

The Haunting
C.O.T.L.O.D.
First Strike Is Deadly
Do Or Die
Apocalyptic City
Eerie Inhabitants
The Preacher
Nobody's Fault
A Day Of Reckoning
Musical Death (A Dirge)
Perilious Nation
Time Is Coming
Confusion Fusion (Instrumental)
Face In The Sky
Falling Fast
Absence Of Light
Love To Hate
Malpractice
One Man's Fate
Seven Days Of May
Electric Crown
So Many Lies
Deadline
Agony
Return To Serenity
Legions (In Hiding)
Hail Mary
Trail Of Tears
Urotsukidoji
Ride
Draw The Line
Sails Of Charon
Rapid Fire

yup. lots of setlist combinations can be made from these songs I listed. :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :hotjump:

it doesnt really matter what song they dust off as long as they come out to the east coast... The Birch Hill in Old Bridge, New Jersey to be exact, because I will then be able to video tape it without worrying about security... anyway....if not that, somewhere out here, WEST COAST WEST COAST WEST COAST....our turn...come out to DA EAST:headbang:

-Curse of the Legions of Death ( Great and fast song)
-First Strike is Deadly ( I'm sure they will play this soon though)

I agree with a lot of you, Souls of Black is a highly underrated album, and my personal second favorite behind The New Order. There are some great songs, but the only ones they seem to play live or Souls and The Legacy. Theses songs would be awesome:

-Face in the Sky
-Malpractice
-Seven Days of May

-Return to Serentiy ( only song I've heard off Ritual that I really like)

I noticed that on the mini tour set list they didn't play anything from Practice What You Preach. I think it's a good album, certainly not their best, but why?

Originally posted by Zob Rombie
it doesnt really matter what song they dust off as long as they come out to the east coast... The Birch Hill in Old Bridge, New Jersey to be exact, because I will then be able to video tape it without worrying about security... anyway....if not that, somewhere out here, WEST COAST WEST COAST WEST COAST....our turn...come out to DA EAST:headbang:

I hope youll ask the bands permission before you attempt to video tape them

Originally posted By Zob Rombie:..."as long as they come out to the east coast... The Birch Hill in Old Bridge, New Jersey to be exact, because I will then be able to video tape it without worrying about security..."

Question: I've been to Birch Hill the last 3 times Testament has played there, were you there when Alex came out & played Practice What You Preach(extended solo's galore)? That was the first time he ever rejoined the band since his departure, & Louie also came out on stage. And if so, did you video-tape that show? I do not think we have that on tape(I could be mistaken), & if we don't that would be cool to add to our archives(maybe home video material). So let me know if you got a copy the band can have? Thanks....................:confused: