So here's my "fuck I'm pissed" thread for the time being....

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
I played Montana Metalfest 3 on Saturday with my band. Ahead of time, I was told they were going to film a bit of everyone's set so they could put together a DVD afterwards. I asked them if they were capturing audio for that, and they weren't (they were just going to use whatever the mics on the camera's picked up). I offered to record the show so they could mix it in with the video, only really for the credit.

So I show up at the show with my laptop and my 2 FP10's. I was all stoked because this was going to be my first time actually being able to record up to 16 tracks at once. I start setting up, and once I go to flip everything on...one of my units doesn't light up.
So, I check to make sure it's plugged in - check.
I flip the switch on and off - check.
I unplug everything and replug everything in - check.
Nothing is working. So I open it up because I figured there might be a fuse in it I could check. There is a fuse, but it's fine. Right behind the fuse mount, there looks to be a component on the board that goes to the on/off switch and-or the power plug in. It's kinda tannish white. Well...there looks to be a little darkness to it in a specific spot, indicating it more than likely got cooked.

It pissed me off. I had to record the show with only half of the channels available that I was hoping to have. It also sucks because I am supposed to record a band in a little over 3 weeks, and there's a good chance I will be fucked and have to reschedule, which would be the 3rd time except the first 2 times were thier fault.

So, I called PreSonus today 4 times so far. There isn't anything anywhere that says "We aren't in the office on Mondays" so I don't know whether they are there or not. It says in thier menu "press 1 at any time to leave a message". When I do, it says "Sorry, I did not recognize that request". I was hoping to ship this to them today so I could get it worked on as fast as possible.

FUCK!

I'm really pissed too, because I would like to find out how well two FP10s work in tandem. Or if three still work ok.

What are the specs of your notebook bro

werd. bust out that soldering iron and get the fuck in!!!

And void the fuck out of the warranty? Sorry but at this point, this would be the least adviceable thing to do. Plus, removing solder from a pcb board is a shit job and hard.

I'm really pissed too, because I would like to find out how well two FP10s work in tandem. Or if three still work ok.

What are the specs of your notebook bro

HP Intel Dual core. 1.6 GHz, 2 Gb Ram. Pyro 1394a Express card.

I had to get the express card to accomodate two units. I don't know how well 3 units would work with a setup like this...it would probably work fine on something other than a laptop.

And void the fuck out of the warranty? Sorry but at this point, this would be the least adviceable thing to do. Plus, removing solder from a pcb board is a shit job and hard.

Yeah, I don't trust my soldering skills that well. Besides, by the time I figure out what part it is and everything I would have probably recieved my repaired unit by then.

Does anyone know if PreSonus does any sort of loan units while things are being repaired or anything like that?

Are you for real with this post? It's fucking stupid easy to remove solder from a pcb.

However your right it would void the warranty so I guess if it isn't up (the warranty) then send it in. :headbang:

Well, I tried calling them again...with no luck. They must not like getting phonecalls.

I did message a guy there that I talked to before about drivers and shit, he kicked my message to another guy. Just hit him back with my info, hopefully he will get me an RA# by tomorrow. I like how his message said "Or, if you want to get ahold of us directly, call us...". It would be nice if they answered the phone in this case!

I also asked if they do loaner equipment. We'll see if they do or not. If not, then I'll have to postpone my date of recording.

Yeah, true that, don't let up on 'em, and try and use this waiting and shitty service as leverage for a replacement/loaner

FUCK!!! They finally answered the phone! I didn't ask about a loaner, since I just woke up and didn't want to fuck around. I'm just glad they finally answered and I finally have an RA # so I can send the shit in. Pisses me off they didn't answer thier phone for 4 days.