so how bout that movie 300?

The movie was awesome and I don't understand the big fuss about its supposed fictional purpose. The book is based after a comic book not a damn episode of the history channel or a linear account of the real battle, nor is it a depiction of Iran as the bad people and the good USA,...

i actually hadn't thought about USA's "intentions" of war on Iran for this movie.

But what i know for a fact is that Frank Miller's graphic novel "300" was in accordance to his pro-western views, his ideal of western democracy VS eastern fundamentalists, and he wrote it in accordance to the contemporary situation, mainly in Europe. I read an interview of the director of the movie who was talking about this, and how he didn't try to take away that "political" aspect to his movie adaptation.
In the same article, the writer critisized what the "stupid leftist media" would say about the movie : that its fascistic.
I didn't read all this in a nationalist review but in a famous all-public movie magazine, so it wasn't really biased or anything. I was surprised to read that myself because normally the media in France is very leftist and politically correct.

i actually hadn't thought about USA's "intentions" of war on Iran for this movie.

But what i know for a fact is that Frank Miller's graphic novel "300" was in accordance to his pro-western views, his ideal of western democracy VS eastern fundamentalists, and he wrote it in accordance to the contemporary situation, mainly in Europe. I read an interview of the director of the movie who was talking about this, and how he didn't try to take away that "political" aspect to his movie adaptation.
In the same article, the writer critisized what the "stupid leftist media" would say about the movie : that its fascistic.
I didn't read all this in a nationalist review but in a famous all-public movie magazine, so it wasn't really biased or anything. I was surprised to read that myself because normally the media in France is very leftist and politically correct.

is there a way to read the article online? pas traduit de préférence biensur..

There is another movie that was made back in the 60's or 70's? Not sure when, but I'm pretty sure it's called Sparta or Spartan. That movie is a lot more historically accurate if you want to see it. I've seen bits and pieces of the movie it's pretty good. As far as the whole political thing goes people read way to much into crap. If people want to be pissed about the similarities then fuck them and grow up. I thought the movie was great and that is the only thing people should look for in the movie is whether it was good or not.

is there a way to read the article online? pas traduit de préférence biensur..

here yee go my boy, not translated, so in french :

Mad Movies consacre sa première page à 300

mm193-1.jpg

Extraits choisis :

Spectacle épique et dantesque, 300 s’annonce comme un hommage viscéral aux dieux de la guerre !

Si la bataille des Thermopyles est restée aussi fameuse, c’est en grande partie dû au fait qu’elle a été menée par les soldats de Sparte, cité dotée d’un gouvernement bien particulier. Ainsi, pour être citoyen spartiate, il faut être né à Sparte de parents spartiates. Les bébés qui ne sont pas beaux et bien formés sont jetés dans un gouffre. De sept à vingt ans, le jeune spartiate subit une formation paramilitaire à laquelle n’échappent pas les filles, afin de devenir de solides reproductrices. Un véritable culte est voué aux héros de la guerre de Troie et à Héraclès. Pureté de la race, obsession de la beauté et de la force physique, Sparte aspire à la perfection, à être la cité des dieux et des déesses.

Alors, prometteur, 300 ? Non. Dévastateur. Les images sont splendides et d’une grande fluidité : elles ne se bornent pas à faire vivre celles imaginées par Miller, mais assurent la jonction entre elles via un découpage à 100% dans l’esprit du comics, tout en évoquant l’illustre Frazetta ou Simon Bisley et Cary Nord.

Gerard Butler, transfiguré, déploie un charisme et une stature de demi-dieu qui font ressembler le Russel Crowe de Gladiator à une tarlouze en tutu.

Un spectacle qui s’annonce barbare et surpuissant, radical dans son approche car, au-delà de la performance visuelle, le métrage possède d’évidentes résonances politiques.

Difficile d’ailleurs de ne pas établir un parallèle entre 300 et l’Aube Rouge, où quelques guerriers se dressent contre une multitude pour défendre leur territoire jusqu’au sacrifice. On entend déjà la vertueuse presse bobo s’élever contre le point de vue du métrage en le taxant de facho (Sparte) et d’homophobe (les Perses ne sont pas très virils et Léonidas ne se gêne pas pour le faire remarquer !).

INTERVIEW de Zack Snyder, réalisateur "Semper Fidelis" :

-Qu’est ce qui vous a poussé à réaliser 300 ? Vouliez-vous seulement mettre en scène un film d’action, ou désiriez-vous faire également passer un message politique ? Le comics de Miller est très ambigu.

Vous savez, si vous lisez 300, Frank développe un message qui exalte la liberté, et qui défend totalement les démocraties occidentales et leurs modèles de pouvoir. L’avenir du peuple repose dans les mains d’un souverain et de ses soldats. Lorsque je travaille sur ces comics, j’estime qu’il n’est pas de mon ressort de commenter leurs orientations politiques. C’est intéressant, et je peux comprendre que l’on puisse avoir l’impression que mon film véhicule une propagande pro-occidentale. Mais pour moi, il était essentiel de respecter à la lettre l’esprit de la bande dessinée. Frank n’a absolument aucun problème pour donner ses opinions politiques. Que ça plaise ou non, il n’en à rien à foutre !

here is the direct link on a nationalist blog: http://alarmeblanche.over-blog.com/article-5225076.html and i checked on the magasine myself, what is on the blog is really in the magazine.

or V for Vendetta... the guy is put to death for simply possessing the coran

yeah, but V for Vendetta was a criticism of intollerance and shit.
300, and indeed, the Lord of the Rings, shows the glory of defending your free and beautiful land against southern-eastern evil invaders.

Merci Celtik! tres intéressant cet article en effet!! ^^

(les Perses ne sont pas très virils et Léonidas ne se gêne pas pour le faire remarquer !). ahahah!! et quand il dit au messager au debut que ces vieillards qui couchent avec de jeunes garçons mâles ont eu le courage de ne pas se plier a Xerces... LOL non pas qe je sois homophobe, bien au contraire, mais la tournure des mots est intéressante :)

best bits - The wall of dead scouts and when he screams "SPARTANS.......what is YOUR Profession?".....and the do the all manly shouting thing and bob up their spears :)

Hell this movie rocks. Saw it yesterday and I think I'll watch it again this evening. The political bullshit around movies is just pathetic.

Is it just me or was the ending of this film really annoying? They are just about to fight and thats the end, really pissed me off big time.