So I had a go @ Guitar Hero

SocialNumb

Damn Christians!
Aug 15, 2006
Boyton, WPB, FL
:erk: Dudes I could not break out of my guitar playing habits. Game is ass backwards. I see the "notes" coming down the neck and all but I keep trying to play the guitar track. A lot of it has nothing to do with what's going on in terms of tempo/staying on beat or what not. It is like a sampler. I've never sucked at a game so much. I might give it another go later on tonight. Only tried like 3 times before I said "fuck this" and grabbed my real guitar. :lol:

This time around I'm going to turn the volume all the way down till I get a hang of it. :cool:

A lot of times I actually tried to reach for the note. :Smug:

That is all. :loco:

That's funny, I sucked at the drums on Rock Band (I'm a drummer), but Guitar Hero wasn't too much of a problem for me.

Try playing on expert, it's generally got the same rhythm as the original guitar tracks.

:erk: Dudes I could not break out of my guitar playing habits. Game is ass backwards. I see the "notes" coming down the neck and all but I keep trying to play the guitar track. A lot of it has nothing to do with what's going on in terms of tempo or what not. It is like a sampler. I've never sucked at a game so much. I might give it another go later on tonight. Only tried like 3 times before I said "fuck this" and grabbed my real guitar. :lol:

This time around I'm going to turn the volume all the way down till I get a hang of it. :cool:

That is all. :loco:

and what makes the game even more confusing, is the fact that almost everyone has lcd screen's with component hook up which = lag city. calibration is hard to master in its self.

if you've got hdmi, you've won half the battle.

and what makes the game even more confusing, is the fact that almost everyone has lcd screen's with component hook up which = lag city. calibration is hard to master in its self.

if you've got hdmi, you've won half the battle.

exactly, that makes it worst. Confusing is the perfect word.:cry:

A friend of mine actually got the inspiration to learn real guitar after playing GH... I've tried the game few times and gave up, it really is confusing... Now I just scream at others (usually drunk) that they give me a real guitar and I'll play the damn song. :D

I HATE GUITAR HERO, because everyone thinks I should be good because I play guitar and bass. But I suck BAWLS at it.

Joe

People say I should be good at it too. I usually LOL in their face and say I'm good at the REAL guitar hero. I then Yngwie kick and bust out the A minor arpeggio and silence is had. Hahaha

That's funny, I sucked at the drums on Rock Band (I'm a drummer), but Guitar Hero wasn't too much of a problem for me.

Try playing on expert, it's generally got the same rhythm as the original guitar tracks.

I found this out pretty fuckin quick myself. My rockband drumming is atrocious but my guitarin on expert is pretty damned solid, lol

i have to bite my tongue and be held back by those with me whenever i hear these dumbass kids say "oh, i love that Guitar Hero song" when Back in Black or any of the countless other classic songs come on the radio or tv. i wanna fuckin strangle 'em for their ignorance and disprespect. i dont care that theyre 9 or 19... they should be beaten for mistakes like that

i have to bite my tongue and be held back by those with me whenever i hear these dumbass kids say "oh, i love that Guitar Hero song" when Back in Black or any of the countless other classic songs come on the radio or tv. i wanna fuckin strangle 'em for their ignorance and disprespect. i dont care that theyre 9 or 19... they should be beaten for mistakes like that

This is probably the biggest reason GH bothers me - it breeds legions of posers (not like I could care about BiB, but like with Megadeth and such :D)