So I ordered a C7 Hellraiser today.

I got a 6 string Hellraiser from the guy at Tema on the recommendation from Souls...for over 100 less than my GC and it is frickin' sweet. They were easy to deal with and shipped it out for 30 some odd bucks.....

Thanks for the tip Souls...and this is now my second Schecter and both are excellent in quality and playability....:headbang:

You do pay for the name. I'd say, quality-wise, the UV777 is pretty much the same as the current prestige RG7. Both have the Edge Pro trem and all access neck joint. Almost all the differences are cosmetic. Plus the Universe comes stock with DiMarzios. Personally I'd choose Ibanez over Schecter and Ltd because they're made in Japan (At least the RG Prestige line still is). But to each his own, I guess.

I'm simply commenting that I didn't think the quality was appreciably different between these two guitars, regardless of where either was built. The Schecter was surprisingly good to me - much better than any LTD 7 string I've played.

Now, at the price of a 1527...nah, I still wouldn't buy the UV. I hate basswood tonally, although every UV I've played sounded better than any RG7 I've played (acoustically speaking, I know the pickups are different.) I'm sure they use better wood for the UV, but it's still a lot of money for the
quality of the guitar, IMO...

I got a 6 string Hellraiser from the guy at Tema on the recommendation from Souls...for over 100 less than my GC and it is frickin' sweet. They were easy to deal with and shipped it out for 30 some odd bucks.....

Thanks for the tip Souls...and this is now my second Schecter and both are excellent in quality and playability....:headbang:

Any time DNB. :kickass:

Only thing I ask, is if anyone uses Tema, please drop my name. Kevin said he will cut me some really good deals for sending business his way. :)

I'm simply commenting that I didn't think the quality was appreciably different between these two guitars, regardless of where either was built. The Schecter was surprisingly good to me - much better than any LTD 7 string I've played.

Now, at the price of a 1527...nah, I still wouldn't buy the UV. I hate basswood tonally, although every UV I've played sounded better than any RG7 I've played (acoustically speaking, I know the pickups are different.) I'm sure they use better wood for the UV, but it's still a lot of money for the
quality of the guitar, IMO...

At $1500+ a MusicMan JP7 is a possibility. A basswood guitar that absolutely screams!

Jeff uses/used a C7 Hellraiser, right?
Why does he use such a relatively cheap (as in price) guitar, when all most guitarists of his status have custom guitars?

Jeff uses/used a C7 Hellraiser, right?
Why does he use such a relatively cheap (as in price) guitar, when all most guitarists of his status have custom guitars?

Probably because its quality is almost equal to many expensive guitars. As for the custom guitar, I've heard that a signature model is going to be made for him.

i played a C1 and a C7 Hellraiser at GC and they both felt like shit...Which is why I'll never buy a guitar from that fucking place.