So I saw Hatchet last night (and took some pics)...

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I gotta be honest... I'm not completely stoked on this apparent Bay Area type thrash resurgence that seems to be starting to take place. I've seen a lot of bands lately that seem to be paying very direct homage to bands like Metallica, Testament, Slayer, Anthrax, etc. I don't really dislike it or anything, but it seems to be lacking something... most likely originality. All the bands I've seen recently though have been fun and entertaining to watch live, however. Especially Hatchet! Tons of energy and attitude and above all else, they play extremely well. Appreciated, and I will go see them again! However, the white high tops are staying at home haha.

hatchet01.jpg

hatchet02.jpg

hatchet03.jpg

hatchet04.jpg

Added bonus: Weird sign at Studio 7
studio7sign01.jpg

the new thrash thing is cool because i love thrash but yeah a lot of the bands don't have much originality. its better than seeing some shitty metalcore or gothenburg style band on a lot of shows plus the new thrash shows are usually pretty damn fun to go to but on cd a lot of the bands just don't have anything that makes them worth listening to over any of the old 80s bands. i am curious to hear hatchets label album when it comes out though since even their demo stuff was pretty good.

Nah, they were in the bar but I was with other people and we ended up taking off as soon as they were done.