I saw Opeth and Lacuna Coil last night!

MindInsane

From the vastly deep
Jun 17, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
OMG What a great show! Christina's voice live is just as good if not better than the cds! She sounds awesome! That whole band is super tight!

THEN THERE WAS OPETH!!!!!!!!!

They blew me away! I'm in total awe of them anyway and I think Mikael Akerfeldt is a musical and lyrical genius......but live is definitely the way to go if you want to get the full feeling of the emotion that goes into their songs! I don't think I've ever seen someone sing with so much emotion! The band was so incredibly tight and on...I'm still on a high from it! The energy in the crowd is not like anything I've ever experienced either! The anticipation was crazy! It was like everyone in the room had been waiting for Opeth for years to play Portland live and there was this huge build-up..waiting to explode!

Excellent experience from beginning to end (Opeth played for an hour and a half!) If any of you are Opeth fans don't miss this tour! Both bands really deliver! It's worth every penny!
headbob.gif

I dunno, some of my favorite songs by other bands are the big epics (Dante's Inferno, And Justice For All, Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Cathedral Spires, Roads to Madness, And Then There Was Silence, etc.), so I don't think that's it. There's just nothing in their music to grab me...spend too much time showing off how good they are, I guess. But that's not it either, they're nowhere near as bad as Dream Theater in that regard. Just a personal taste thing, I guess.

I'm seeing Opeth/Lacuna Coil Sunday may 4th in San Diego.
Expect a full Opeth setlist from me, when I review it on here Monday.
I'm really looking forward to this show. My heart is thumping like a mother...

i went and saw Danzig/superjoint ritual/opeth/nile/lacuna coil/behemoth last night and it was FUCKING killer. as good as it was, it was NOTHING compared to the last testament show i saw with death angel/violence/exumed

MindInsane said:
Short attention span I suppose...you have to put some time into that band or ya just won't get it...

How true, I'm still putting the time in & still don't get it?.....................Now MI, if Testament & Opeth were playing on the same bill, who would headline?.........
Enough said..............

Deadly Embrace said:
How true, I'm still putting the time in & still don't get it?.....................Now MI, if Testament & Opeth were playing on the same bill, who would headline?.........
Enough said..............

Both:p

hey walter, check out opeth's MAYH. I didnt get morningrise, but when MAYH came out, I was able to get into em. Its more a straight forward metal album then their others (shorter songs too)

like all their albums (and emperor) you dont get em at first. got take each song in segments of a few minutes. took me a while to get into opeth, but once I did, I was hooked.

And oh yes, the opeth show last night in SD was killer. too many dumb you kids though who dont know what a pit is. Its not jumping up and down or making a bee line for the guy in front of you to run into him as hard as you can. MORONS.