So I went on a date last night.....

BellaNoche

Jul 1, 2003
Massachusetts
www.myspace.com
We went to see Return of The King. The movie was awesome. Hes a cool guy and all, but i dont like him. Im not attracted to him at all. Hes not ugly or anything either.

Now the question is, how do i tell him that i dont like him? In a nice way. Now i know the majority of you are all guys, so i need a guys opinion.

Be nice to me!!!

I think you should just go out with me and than call it even.

Yeah, just tell em your not feelin him. Not much you can do about it and its better than pretending you like him.

It is always always always best to tell a guy early. This is because guys are different than girls in that they don't really nearly as much on first impressions (whether it be first date, first conversation etc.) What I'm saying is that he is likely willing to keep going on dates and see what happens, whereas you know right now that it isn't going anywhere. Tell him now, because the more time you spend together, the more he's gonna think things are going well. If you tell him now then you will NOT hurt him.. trust me. And then at least you guys can still hang out and stuff, and its a heck of a lot better than just avoiding him, which is the worst thing you can do!

Well i lacked the balls to say anything last night. The shitty part is is that he asked me out to dinner. I didnt say anything. I was just like ummmmmmm, Ill talk to you later. Im gonna go and see my friends play again tonight. They rocked last night. They covered Maidens Trooper. I almost pissed myself when i heard it.

It would be a problem if you did have the balls... But then you could tell him about it and he'd probably not want to date you anymore anyway.

Anyway, the longer you wait, the worse it's gonna be for him.

sure, it depends on the person/character. but it did not work in my case: though i had told him right from the beginning when we first met each other, that i wouldn't want more than just plain friendship, that guy keeps thinking there's more.
first i was repeating myself for hundreds of times, in a friendly way. been talking to him for hours and hours and hours, any time we saw each other at a pub. i thought if i kept talking and explaing that he just is not my kind, it would not be too hard for him, and that finally he'd understand. - no he didn't.
then i talked more forceful - no success. once he rang me up at 7:30 am (!!) on a sunday (!!) where I'd be :zombie: if i had a lover in another town and shit like that. i mean, it's none of his fuckin' business where i am, with who and why. (btw, i was at home; i had come home from a gig quite late)
ok, there were some peaceful times in between too, and it seemed he had finally accepted the situation. but then again he comes up with idiotic questions and sort of demands.
"i thought i was your friend, so why don't you tell me what's up with you. you don't trust me. XY knows something you havn't told me. blabla . i want to get to know you better - blabla". there is nothing to get to know :confused: and it's still my decision to whom i tell something. he's not my guardian. this i told him, and he still doesn't understand that he's not my kind.

hm.

:bah:

edit:
i'm sorry i wrote all this here.... :(

Some guys are just overly persistent - it's not indicitave of us as a whole.

And I wouldn't worry about saying all this stuff on the board :p If you need to taaaalk about it, you need to talk about it. No biggie.

Yeh Opacity there are always those weirdos of course. You still did the right thing. I don't know if its possible in this case, but I think he would've understood you even less had you said nothing about him not being your type right off the bat.

Some people are relationshipally (new word!) challenged. They don't know how to react in certain situations. I'm sure if this guy knew what you meant that it wouldn't have been a problem, but he probably interpreted it as offensive, which from what I gather it wasn't meant as. At least not to begin with. He probably just didn't want to have to think you disliked him. Like Gums said, it would have been even worse if you waited, and then you'd have to have spent more time with someone you don't like. And anyone that is against you posting stuff like that here is stupid anyway and they deserve to be pissed off by seeing it here.