so, i'm fasting.

the_preppy said:
(notes: no taking vitamins... and no coffee!!!)
i almost said i basically started one today in that i have had nothing to eat- but i've had coffee. why no coffee?
i generally don't eat much during the day- like once usually, with a snack (yogurt or fruit). maybe i should start eating more?

you'll slow your metabolism to next to nothing if you eat that little all the time!
most fasts call for no coffee because it's a stimulant and will make people binge later in the day. and also, because it's considered a toxic substance. (coffee is very oily)

well, it's hard to reverse! you'll have to exercise more now!
anyway, i stayed home today. i have the total splitting headache that always happens to me on the second day of fasting. i was teetering around my apartment all morning and finally caved in and crawled back into bed. i barely made it to my posting chair! tomorrow i'll feel fine. and the day after, i'll feel awesome.

image search for "posting chair":
frnt_lolly.jpg

cool, way to go prepp. i could almost see how this would work. when i don't eat, i don't really get ravenous hungry. however, when i eat like a little in the middle of the day, by the time i get home my stomach is making all sorts of sounds. like, from hunger.
i may try this sometime soon, but for now i think i need to practice actually eating regularly.

the first two days for me are hell. i mean, it's different for everyone. but for me, the second day is always a splitting headache and i'm like SHOOT ME GIVE ME A SNICKERS BAR.... but then i'm like awww yea on the third day. i did yoga for 90 minutes this morning. headstands rule.

still going.....

anyway, i think i may have to break this baby before the weekend unfortunately. as my mom (who thinks it's fine) is guessing i'll catch too much shit for it while seeing tons of visiting family members in MA this weekend. i think she's right. it'd be better if at least the saw me eat some rice or something. either way, i guess if i break it tomorrow i can start again if i feel sick still.
anyway, it's weird. i am totally not hungry at all.