Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
From what I've heard "St Anger" is not a big shocker some reasons

1.BoB COCK plays bass on the whole fuckin album
2.Kirk Hammet retires all guitar solos on St Anger{solos are obsolete]
3.They play fast, wow so what so does Green Day
4.After hearing Opeth Metallica is no longer the kings of metal
5.Verse chorus Verse Chorus Verse Chorus zzzzzzzzzzzz.......
6.Go Iron Maiden "Dance of Death" they can outjam Metallica anyday.
So Hetfeild can tie the noose around Metallicas neck and hang em.

P.S. all fans they picked up during load and reload must die.....
P.s.s.s May Cliff rest in peace.

I like some of the riffs, but basically its lame. Lars tries too hard to say "hay guys im a good drummer for serious!", the mix is awful (drums too high, guitar too low), James doesnt sing well with the aggro/Meshuggah style they arent apparently going for, and it's boring structure.

Alteredmindeath said:
P.S. all fans they picked up during load and reload must die.....

OK.... I'll go get the rope.... you find a tree for me to hang myself on..... :cry:

St. Anger is the worst Metallica song I've heard yet. Everything about it sux. The drums and how they are turned up over the guitars. The guitars cuz they play no solos, and the lyrics are dumb. It is sad to see Metallica release a song like this, if you've been a fan of them since the 80s like I have it is really a dissapointment.

I've heard the full album and it's very boring. The lyrics, vocals and production are all shit. Most of the choruses had me laughing and most of the songs are too long and don't hold my interest. I only ended up liking 2-3 songs. One of my friends said it best when he said it's like Metallica decided to be heavy again but forgot everything else. I dusted off my copy of Ride The Lightning and I'm going to listen to that this week instead of this crap.

The album is wretched. The production is worthless, the songwriting is excessively lacking, it's pure shit. They made long songs for the sake of doing that, they tried to be heavy for the sake of being heavy, and ultimately, they failed to release an album with any kind of feeling at all, something I think they've been doing all along, but at least they used to have musicianship.

The mallcore crowd is gonna eat this shit with a spoon.

Arg, I got the album this morning and the cd is pretty bad. Tell the media to shut the hell up about Metallica going back to their roots, because they were never this crappy.

These songs are easily forgettable, and they really sound like a bunch of highschoolers getting together and making an album.

It seems listenable. Like I could throw it on in the background and be entertained by it. It lacks creativity, though. The song intros are boring, and there aren't many good riffs. And no solos? It just feels like they should have spent another couple weeks on it.

OMG....this song is soooooo bad!!! I cracked up the first time I heard it..the drums sound horrendous!!! Obviously Mr. COCK can't produce..or forgot how. They sound like a damn garage band fucking around with the first song they ever wrote! I hate that Metallica has been reduced to this..Load and Re-load sucked ass...but St. Anger takes the ass sucking cake I'm afraid!

After listening to stuff like Opeth for the last few years this album sounds just plain boring. Everything about it is ordinary, nothing special at all. To add on top of it the drums (especially snare) sound terrible. Not really worth wasting your time on unless you're that bored.