So is St Anger a dissapointment or not

Yeah, I've only heard one song...Frantic. First impression - its pretty crap. Bad production, awful lyrics and vocals...however I like it better then any Load and Reload stuff...which is irrelevant considering how horrendous I think those two are. St Anger sounds like its gonna be one notch of terribleness up from L and R-L, which is not necessarily a good thing.

The new In Flames from teh Trigger EP sounded a bit dull, but they are NOWHERE near as far gone as Metallica...at least yet.

st. anger isn't a disappointment. i knew it was gonna be crap. but the record store here was selling it a week early without any sort of permission so i bought it. and, well, i haven't heard the whole thing yet because i cant stand to listen to it that long. i can't really tell whether they're trying to sound like slipknot or like slayer trying to sound like slipknot, but either way, it blows. disjointed, no groove (wtf is music without groove?) no character (even the Loads a little of that) no solos, horrible production, lyrics that are worse than mine were when i was 2, and they couldnt even stick to one visual theme when they threw the artwork together. and i thought nothing could suck worse than Load/Reload. i just think it's sad that not only were metallica partly responsible for the nu-metal wave, but now here they are copying it.

i dont get how you can even think about comparing the "hey look at me i'm singing out of a toilet with a throat full of feces" vocals on st. anger with the waaaaay better vocals on an album like ride the lightning, but ok whatever.

Iblys said:
It's good, but different. It is not monotonous, I think the songs are quite varied, and James's voice is better than it has ever been.

This is a good one...especially the part about James' voice
lol.gif

I don't like St. Anger (yet).
C'mon, Frantic-tic-tic-tic-toc...wtf?
I have to say the sound of James' voice isn't that good also. And also the songs are way to monotonous and empty.

I rather play Load/Reload again than this cd.

Ah well, maybe it has to grow some more.

Lethal01 said:
I like the sound of the songs from the DVD alot more than the album.. is it possible to get just the dvd? :)

I was thinking the same thing. And I don't think St. Anger is that bad. It's not amazing, but it's not horrible, either. Of course, I don't expect them to do anything exactly like they did in the 80's, either.

complete, utter, piece of shit

and i thought it might have even been good

Frantic and St. Anger are all right songs. thats about it. the rest of it is absolute shit

invisible kid might be the worst metallica song ever

DarknessEternal said:
It's wank. The words "quit while you're ahead" come to mind...

Too late now eh? :)

I can't believe what my friend told me yesterday (he and one of his other friends are big metallica fans). He was going on about how he had just listened to the new album and how unbelieveably awesome it was. I couldn't believe the shit I was hearing - so I asked about the shit production of the drums. I mean how could anybody like the sound of the snare? They both thought that it was the best thing metallica has ever done with their sound and they are convinced that everybody will believe that THIS album will be the definitive metallica album when it comes out...

:rolleyes:

Maybe the album isn't really that bad and I'm just an Opeth snob :)
Just sounds so shit compared to their old stuff and I can barely listen to it.

no.. no you're not.. it just plain and simple sucks the corn out of my ass. Actually .. its not even good enough for that. Phhhhhhh..

I'm now adding the word Metallica to my dictionary..

Metallica: Something that used to be sooo good.. that is now just a heaping pile of horrible crap!