So Lilitu is changing their name

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
The new name is as of now undecided. However it is confirmed that they will drop the Lilitu moniker. There's some other fans out here so what are your thoughts and comments on this situation? What other bands out there do you know of that have done the name change game and have gone off to great success? (The Legacy / Testament comes to mind)

Lilitu is an AWESOME name. Why change it? It's not like they have gotten any negative press over it. Hell, changing the name now is like starting over from scratch.

Well, it's your band, so do what you want, but I think the evolution of your music is a silly reason to change the band's name, and it's confusing to boot. I can only see this having a negative effect on your band.

booB said:
Well, it's your band, so do what you want, but I think the evolution of your music is a silly reason to change the band's name, and it's confusing to boot. I can only see this having a negative effect on your band.
Maybe their sound is too mature for metal, and can only be expressed in Acapella improvisational be-bob jazz?

booB said:

I have to say I agree with this. Its one thing if you just had 1 album that was poorly distributed or a bunch of demos or something under a different name, but since you've already established yourselves as Lilitu, it is very confusing for not just current fans but casual listeners too.

Plus Lilitu is a pretty unique name, and those aren't easy to come by.

Personally, I think it is too late. Maybe before Delores Lesion it would have been a little better. Delores Lesion is a far cry from Memorial and Earth Gods so it would have been more acceptable. As far as suggestions go though I would stand by Pennes. or...

Derek,Cory,Jason,Jonah, and Noah's Dark Empire

I also think that changing your name because band members or the band's sound has changed is a horrible idea.

There are many bands (including really famous ones) out there that have changed their sound and/or members without changing their name.

Do not underestimate the value of of name recognition. Lilitu has built up pretty decent name recognition. I truly believe that changing now would be a very poor buisness decision.

I personally have changed a lot both physically and mentally in my 25 years on this planet, and I have kept the same name the whole time :loco: .

Robin

ReaLM said:
There are many bands (including really famous ones) out there that have changed their sound and/or members without changing their name.

Tad Morose comes to mind for me. Whatever else, their music makes me feel far from morose :D

But whatever works, I'm sure that the music will be cool regardless. What is the new stuff sounding like?

Ruthven said:
Tad Morose comes to mind for me. Whatever else, their music makes me feel far from morose :D

But whatever works, I'm sure that the music will be cool regardless. What is the new stuff sounding like?

Um hello thats why they are a TAD morose :loco:

Bear

I personally have changed a lot both physically and mentally in my 25 years on this planet, and I have kept the same name the whole time

heh... in the past six months or so, I've changed apartments, bought a new car (after 5 years of driving the old one), and taken a whole new direction on fitness, nutrition, and my social life... lots of self-reinvention here... and my name's still boB. small 'b', small 'o', capital 'B'. :lol:

ReaLM said:

Hmmm, Pantera comes to mind.... :tickled:

I think Lilitu should change their name to something approachable, something inviting...

"Welcome Shriners."

Yeah, that should keep the tourists away.... :D