so my mom tells me to put some of my cds on ...

Guardian of Darkness said:
My mum listens to Opeth, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, etc etc.....And my dad likes extreme black metal.....So yep......

GoD: Dad, can you buy me some Emperor albums?
Dad: No way son, emperor aren't tr00, they have good production for god's sake!
GoD: But dad! Isahn rules!!
Dad: OI! Watch your mouth, now go to your room and think about what you said...and i better hear some old mayhem coming from your room!

:p

Guardian of Darkness said:
My mum listens to Opeth, Katatonia, My Dying Bride, etc etc.....And my dad likes extreme black metal.....So yep......

no they don't. they just try to sound liberal and understanding toward you i think...
hehe "extreme black metal"...like dodheimsgard?:)

my parents refuse to accept that heavy music can be good. well my mum does, she doesnt even listen to it, its always 'turn it down' or 'turn it off' - very closed minded about it. my dad tho likes prog rock, and has camel - the snow goose on lp still. he asked me to put it on cd recently for him, and now hes asked me to get him Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon and a copy of Damnation.

Analog_Kid said:
Coolest fuckin' parent/music moment I can recall is when I was visiting my folks and my Dad and I were hanging out listening to Emperor. He actually got some of the Wagner-ian refferences in the music, as well as other points of interest. In other words: he understood the music. Didn't care much for the subject matter of some of the lyrics, though. Well, he IS a Episcopal priest, ya know! :Spin:

ha! i wouldn't have thought priests would have been allowed to listen to Wagner (or emperor of course!) :)

my mum has a fit when i suggest putting on one of my cds, but my dad wont complain and i think he realises the talent in it. i was listening to children of bodom once and he mentioned how fast the drumming was.. i should play something with blast beats in ;)

My dad listened to pretty much anything except really shitty music (Slipknot, Bad Country, pop crap). My mom listens to some oldies, that's about it.
Of course, i have to hear the crappy oldies. I don't care what people say about metal being kill yourself music, if there's anything that makes me want to kill myself, it's being forced to listen to Gary Puckett in a car for two and a half hours.