So now thats it officially released. Any thoughts?

I heard a bit from the album at the local CD store who sells lots of great metal, and it sounded awesome. For those who think Owens is bad, you just haven't given it a chance. I think it's not quite so much Iced anymore as it is just a great Power Metal band though.

Been listening to them since Stormrider. Glorious Burden is a great strong album. I've only had it about a week, but it's eventually going to be in my IE top three.(Stormrider,Something Wicked being my two fav.) But I agree about Shaffer needing to loosen up, and let a few of his bandmates contribute to the music/lyric writing. Of course it's his band, his way, but it would only strengthen the band even more!!!

Hypnos666 said:
I heard a bit from the album at the local CD store who sells lots of great metal, and it sounded awesome. For those who think Owens is bad, you just haven't given it a chance. I think it's not quite so much Iced anymore as it is just a great Power Metal band though.
I agree with the Owens part. Owens was very limited in Judas Priest. Iced Earth really lets him shine, and requires more of him than Judas Priest did. Some parts of Tim shine in Iced Earth that I never knew were there.

Iced In Flames said:
Did he not say before it was someone in his family's store?

In recent interviews Jon told that this is his store.
And the family member you're referring to may be Matt Barlow, who is Jon's brother in law and he used to work in Jon's store, before he decided to become a government official.

Got it yesterday. Fucking excellent! As for Barlow, well he left, he'll be missed but shit happens. I think Tim will fill his shoes quite nicely.