So...Opeth DVD...

no ones mentioned this (unless they have and i didnt notice) but how long do you think the sets will last ? i hope its one of those ''NO SUPPORT'' occassions giving opeth maximum playtime. although im guessing it will be one hour each set anyway.

_Transparent_ said:
no ones mentioned this (unless they have and i didnt notice) but how long do you think the sets will last ? i hope its one of those ''NO SUPPORT'' occassions giving opeth maximum playtime. although im guessing it will be one hour each set anyway.

oh man.... stop.... im drooling...

_Transparent_ said:

I think that the heavy set will be an hour and a half as usual.They will play the same set length i reckon.

Think about it,i doubt there will be a support band,so they will play an hours damnation set.The have an interval and change gear,and then play a full heavy set.

AHH fuck,i just cummed.

I'm sure they'll be doing D2 in full as usual. But while I'd love to hear the other D1 songs, I hope they play a normal set. A long one, with some different songs. And more Orchid stuff. They totally left it out of their last tour. And the studio footage should be on the DVD as well. Hell, I want to see that more than any concert they'd put on there.

Hondo said:
I'm sure they'll be doing D2 in full as usual. But while I'd love to hear the other D1 songs, I hope they play a normal set. A long one, with some different songs. And more Orchid stuff. They totally left it out of their last tour. And the studio footage should be on the DVD as well. Hell, I want to see that more than any concert they'd put on there.

I doubt we will hear "more" stuff from Orchid,but i certainly reckon they will play Forest....

I think they will also play the other classics like Demon(obviously),the drapery falls etc etc.But i really am hoping for some unplayed shit on top of this to make it even better.I just wanna hear April Ethereal or When or The Amen Corner from DOTF,just to hear the first solo in When would make me run to the bathroom.And i really wanna hear The Funeral Portrait live.But most of all The Moor,which is asking quite alot.There must be some way they can do it.

I really wont be bothered if none of this happens though,and we get just a standard Opeth set,thats waaaaay more that good enough for me.

threak said:
I doubt we will hear "more" stuff from Orchid,but i certainly reckon they will play Forest....

I think they will also play the other classics like Demon(obviously),the drapery falls etc etc.But i really am hoping for some unplayed shit on top of this to make it even better.I just wanna hear April Ethereal or When or The Amen Corner from DOTF,just to hear the first solo in When would make me run to the bathroom.And i really wanna hear The Funeral Portrait live.But most of all The Moor,which is asking quite alot.There must be some way they can do it.

I really wont be bothered if none of this happens though,and we get just a standard Opeth set,thats waaaaay more that good enough for me.

They played When in 2001 in London, Mikael said something like ''we've been playing this all tour and not many people have been recognising it except you guys'' - or something along those lines. oh, and the Funeral Portrait is brilliant live, i liked it more than Bleak, however they're both great. the oppening for Funeral, damn, :OMG: